When I try to find my firmware version, it says that ti's "Not Available". Any suggestions? I've tried restarting my Core but get the same results.
KrashKraft First I would reboot the device you are using to view the Core app on and see if that takes care of it. I had an app update on Android to version 1.20.1 that I didn't even know was taking place. No notification what so ever. If that doesn't correct things. Power cycle the Core. I had to do this during initial setup due to a firmware update hanging. Leave the core sitting about 5 minutes then power it on again. Just let it sit for at least 30 minutes, it should look for and download the latest firmware if it indeed is missing. Hope this takes care of your issues.
I did as you suggested, I unplugged the router from the power, let it sit a couple of minutes, plugged it back in, went, took a shower ate lunch, and checked. I still got the same message that the firmware version is "Not Available". What would suggest next?
Do you have an active network on the core and internet access? Did you reboot the device you are using to access the Core?
Oh yes, my network is active and every thing works fine except the problem that I'm having trying to find my firmware version. I do not have any more devices in my data stream, my internet connection comes in via fiber optic to the telcom device mounted on my outside wall. From there it comes in to my Core via wire. I do not have access to the telcom device to make any changes.
Did you restart your phone with the Core app?
I did. Ok, that's all the time I have to fool with it right now. Everything else works just fine, so maybe I don't need to know the version. thank you for trying to help, have a good day.
All: My android core app is ver 1.20.1, just opened my app and found NO security score visible, no data for the last internet speed test done earlier today and firmware area should not available. After sitting at the About page on the app for almost a minute all these reappeared. Interesting.
I have sent you a private message requesting logs. Could you please check your inbox when you get a chance? Thanks.
KrashKraft The core firmware updated to 193 overnight. Looking into the core this morning it appears all the small issues I was looking at previously are now gone. Speed test completed from initial setup and shows appropriate date/time stamp. Data usage values make sense across all the date ranges. Guest network viewing now doesn't cause the app to freeze and close itself. And the overall app responsiveness has definitely increased. Did the firmware update cure your FW version visibility issue as well? Release noted for 193: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-core-mobile-apps-update-%E2%80%93-release-notes
I got a notification this morning that my firmware has been successfully updated. When I checked, it showed that I am now running version 193, where before, it showed "Not Available". It appears that my problem has been solved, Thank you.
Awesome news!!! If you could please mark the thread as solved if you are satisfied it has been. We would be more than appreciative since others can then see the solution. I'm sure Gayathri_R will contact you via PM with the results of having analyzed the logs you provided. If we can assist further please do not hesitate to post a new thread. Glad we could assist. Have a great day today.
If you are experiencing an issue that needs urgent assistance please visit our customer support area:
There are currently 12 users online.