• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Fraps 3.2.3 question. WS.Reputation.1 setup.exe

Hi.

I'm really looking for an offical response to this but any help would be welcome too.

I recently bought FRAPS and I am trying to download their latest version which is 3.2.3 the setup file is simply called setup.exe which is fine and all. However once it's downloaded, norton begins a scan of it and detects a threat. apon viewing more details it states a WS.Reputation.1

I thought it might be the file name so on my next attempt I saved the file as a specific name, FRAPS 3.2.3 and downloaded. The same thing happened.

I sent a message to the FRAPS support team, they sugguest it is a false positive result from norton.

As it stands I am unable to download FRAPS without it being deleted and I do not wish to disalbe norton just to download FRAPS as I am a paranoid person.

Any sugguestions on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Bye all.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Fraps 3.2.3 question. WS.Reputation.1 setup.exe

Hi.

I'm really looking for an offical response to this but any help would be welcome too.

I recently bought FRAPS and I am trying to download their latest version which is 3.2.3 the setup file is simply called setup.exe which is fine and all. However once it's downloaded, norton begins a scan of it and detects a threat. apon viewing more details it states a WS.Reputation.1

I thought it might be the file name so on my next attempt I saved the file as a specific name, FRAPS 3.2.3 and downloaded. The same thing happened.

I sent a message to the FRAPS support team, they sugguest it is a false positive result from norton.

As it stands I am unable to download FRAPS without it being deleted and I do not wish to disalbe norton just to download FRAPS as I am a paranoid person.

Any sugguestions on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Bye all.

Kudos0

Re: Fraps 3.2.3 question. WS.Reputation.1 setup.exe

You can read this sticky for instructions on how to restore a known false positive that has been quarantined:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Clarification-on-WS-Reputation-1-detection/td-p/232155

And I can confirm the detection, and that it is a false positive.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.