• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Getting this error - Error: (8920,223) "Norton LiveUpdate was unable to install an update"

I am not sure how to fix this issue. Seems to indicate there is an issue with the Symantec servers, not me. But I cant tell for sure. I've rebooted twice. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

File Attachment: 
Labels: LiveUpdate

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Getting this error - Error: (8920,223) "Norton LiveUpdate was unable to install an update"

Same here in SoCal-USA...  These are usually localized LiveUpdate server issues - Meaning; (usually) Not everyone is seeing/getting the the same LiveUpdate failure.  And these failures normally correct themselves within an hour or so...

Kudos0

Re: Getting this error - Error: (8920,223) "Norton LiveUpdate was unable to install an update"

Error downloading updates would not load but tried just now and everything is fine.   Are Norton/Symantec servers having issues reported anywhere?

Kudos0

OK, thanks for the info. I will keep trying to update. I'm here in central Florida. Maybe related to the storm in the Northeast? Anyway, thanks again. 

Kudos0

Yep, just tried now and the Update ran fine. Thanks for the info.

Kudos0

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Please let us know if you still see the same error message for LiveUpdates. 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.