• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Ghost 15.0 File Recovery Issue:

Following a recent Hard Disk crash (that apparently was caused by a faulty mother board) - I'm now in the sitution of having a new Laptop and trying to recover my files from the Ghost 15.0 backup.

I've surfed the forum for help with my particular issue, the closest I can find is "Ghost 15 import error: file Segment not match Catalog" but this doesn't seem to have a resolution.

The problem:

When I attempt to import the Backup destination from the File Recovery window, the process fails. I get two types of error messages:

-Info 6C8F1C25: Cannot import items.

---The backup file information in the file segment does not match information in the catalog. (this is the first error ande occurs only once)

Error E4BC0019: The file import failed.

-----The backup file information in the file segment does not match information in the catalog (multiple entries)

During the upload, I can see all the the files being supposedly uploaded, but at the end of the process i simply don't have any file shown.

I've tried to stop the Norton process and rename the catalog file as recommended in the other post - but this doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

Ian

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Ghost 15.0 File Recovery Issue:

Following a recent Hard Disk crash (that apparently was caused by a faulty mother board) - I'm now in the sitution of having a new Laptop and trying to recover my files from the Ghost 15.0 backup.

I've surfed the forum for help with my particular issue, the closest I can find is "Ghost 15 import error: file Segment not match Catalog" but this doesn't seem to have a resolution.

The problem:

When I attempt to import the Backup destination from the File Recovery window, the process fails. I get two types of error messages:

-Info 6C8F1C25: Cannot import items.

---The backup file information in the file segment does not match information in the catalog. (this is the first error ande occurs only once)

Error E4BC0019: The file import failed.

-----The backup file information in the file segment does not match information in the catalog (multiple entries)

During the upload, I can see all the the files being supposedly uploaded, but at the end of the process i simply don't have any file shown.

I've tried to stop the Norton process and rename the catalog file as recommended in the other post - but this doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

Ian

Kudos0

Do you have an image file (v2i)?

Kudos0

No

I just backed up certain folders (a full image backup crashed twice - but warned me of certain Hard-disk failure). Hence the selected folders backup.

I now have the external drive with lots of folders with .fbf files. Which when ithey are imported - give the the errors.

Ian

Kudos0

I'm not a fan of File and Folder Backup and do not use it. Hopefully someone will come along and offer some help. Only thing I can think to do is move some of the files (maybe half) out of the folder you are trying to import and try again. Maybe they can be sorted by date modified and seperated into different folders.

Maybe you could install Ghost on another PC and try to import there?

Kudos0

Thanks for those recommendations. I managed to split the folder into some subfolders (I used timestamps to separate them out).

I managed to get one folder to import successfully. -Once I have done that though, what happens next. I cannot find any file that has been imported.

I appreciate the guidance - this doesn't seem to be the simplest task - which was one of the reasons I bought the software in the first place :-(

Kudos0

I guess keep importing until you get an error? Like I said, I don't use F&F Backup. Just trying to give you ideas to save some of your files.

Kudos0

Thanks for the recommendations. In the end I gave up. And sent the corrupt hard disc off for analysis.

Yes alot of money but I now have my data back.

Moral of the story - Seems that the file backup features are not well liked by those on hear "in the know".

Anyway Thanks for the ideas - A lesson learnt by me:

1) Always try the backup - don't assume becuase it says successful that it really is

2) Don't always assume that becuase its a feature of a product - that it has good installed experience etc.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.