Kudos0

Ghost 2003, restore problem, decompression error 10

A friend has a problem - probably a dead disk. However, she had made a Ghost image of the disk - it has 13 spans. I've tried to restore and there is an error - decompression error 10 with 26331 ntbackup.exe. The error log says this is in span 6, and the restore is 40% complete.

The big reason for wanting to recover the data is because of the pictures and movies (from a camera, not downloaded) on the disk.

Is it possible to ignore or bypass errors in any way? To lose X% of the data in this case would mean that (100-X)% is recovered, and would be good news. It's an NTFS image - I did read about skip, but skip is only for FAT.

Is the problem with ntbackup.exe pure coincidence or is that program name significant here?

Thanks in hope ...

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Ghost 2003, restore problem, decompression error 10

A friend has a problem - probably a dead disk. However, she had made a Ghost image of the disk - it has 13 spans. I've tried to restore and there is an error - decompression error 10 with 26331 ntbackup.exe. The error log says this is in span 6, and the restore is 40% complete.

The big reason for wanting to recover the data is because of the pictures and movies (from a camera, not downloaded) on the disk.

Is it possible to ignore or bypass errors in any way? To lose X% of the data in this case would mean that (100-X)% is recovered, and would be good news. It's an NTFS image - I did read about skip, but skip is only for FAT.

Is the problem with ntbackup.exe pure coincidence or is that program name significant here?

Thanks in hope ...

Kudos0

Re: Ghost 2003, restore problem, decompression error 10

I'll try to help if I can.

What version of Windows was backed up? 

Where is the backup stored?  Is it a NAS, USB, etc?

ntbackup.exe is actually a part of a Windows file and folder backup utility. 

You can try merging with ghost explorer.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.