• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Has v22.6 Update Been Pulled?

Has the v22.6 update been pulled?

Yesterday I restored from a disk image from last week.  Now my NIS will not update to 22.6 which is what it had prior to the restore.  This is on XPSP3 w/22.5.

I guessed it was a server glitch but it is now almost 24 hours later and it still will not update.  It also isn't creating the 22.6 folder in the engine folder.

I just installed NS trial on a fresh vanilla Win 7 install and it will not update either.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Has v22.6 Update Been Pulled?

Kudos0

Thanks, that wasn't posted at the time I started this thread.

Would have been nice if it was posted when the update was pulled.  It was pulled at least 22 hours ago

Kudos0

I know that was not posted when you posted your OP here, and of course you are correct, it should have been posted when it was pulled, but really 22 hours isn't too bad - it has taken longer to get Norton to post about other topics! 

I also have a Vista laptop on NSBU that I ran the NRnRT on yesterday and couldn't get past 22.5.5.15 - actually researching that situation - verifying that it was totally released, is how I found the edited announcement today.

Kudos0

Why don't they explain the reason for the removal?  Presumably a problem has surfaced?  I wonder if it has to do with installation issues?   On one computer my Firefox slowed down dramatically after I Live Updated to get 22.6 about ten days ago, and NIS would sometimes crash.  I used the  NRnRT to do a clean install (was glad to see it saved most of my settings), and it took me back to the previous version.  I then Live Updated to 22.6 again, and have had no problems.  In fact, running the NRnRT also solved a year-long problem where using the Norton Add-On would cause big Firefox issues.

On my other computer Live Updating to 22.6 really "gummed things up," with the NIS icon not appearing it all, and other oddities I don't even recall.  After a few reboots and still having problems I was ready to try NRRT on that computer too, when -- after I got distracted for a few minutes -- I came back and saw that the icon was back and everything seemed OK.  I haven't had any problems since.  It sure wasn't the usual "quick 'n clean" update process, though.

Windows 7 in both cases.

Kudos1 Stats

Hello Ardmore

I agree that at least we (Gurus) should have been told. Customers are hoping that things that were fixed with 22.6 won't be changed. We can't reassure any one of anything since the only information which we have is that it was pulled and they will post another notice when it is being started up again.

As far as the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool goes, that is never updated until they know that the update is ok for sure. As far as the Norton Toolbar for Firefox goes, since it is being rebuilt and also since Mozilla changes Firefox so often, it all contributes to Firefox issues at least until the new Toolbar is finished and hopefully working ok.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.