• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

How to allow emergency (911) calls during time supervision?

I am having difficulty with the time supervision feature.

In time supervision mode I can block access to the phone during certain hours while allowing calls to certain numbers.

I have tried adding '911' as one of the allowed numbers so that emergency numbers can still be called from the dailer but it doesn't work. Clicking on the allowed number just goes back to the blocked notification. 

How can we make 911 an allowed number to dial when the phone is locked out from time supervision?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How to allow emergency (911) calls during time supervision?

Hi kiwipilot,

I'll double check with the team on this and get back to you.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi kiwipilot,

Norton Family supports the feature that emergency numbers like 911 gets added in emergency contact list through portal like other normal phone call numbers.

1. To investigate the issue further, can you please let us know if you are able to make phone calls to other normal numbers during  time period blocking ?

2. One possible reason that you are seeing the issue is that you might be using a new dialer that replaced the default android dailer. Currently we only allow the android native dialer during time block period.  If so, can you please let us know the name of new dialer detail so that we  can consider to allow it in the next release.

3. Also, can you please let us know what message you are getting in time block screen. For example, it would show

“Norton Family block XXX (xxx is the app blocked) because you daily time limit has been reached. This app will be blocked for the rest of day"

Below is the screenshot where shows during the time blocking period, whenever an app is opened, the following screen will be displayed. 

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi Katie,

I've attached a picture of the phone. As far as I know I'm using the default Android Dialer, at least its the dialer that came with the phone. 

When I tap the 911 number the dialer shows for a split second and I can see the number 911 has been typed into the dialer but before I get a chance to make the call I get returned to the same block screen as before.

I have also tried adding other numbers to the allowed contacts and when I add a normal 10 digit number that works fine and dials the number straight away.

Kudos0

Thanks for the update.  We will check into this.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi kiwipilot,

Our engineering team has identified the issue and will correct this is a upcoming release.

In the meantime, please try the following steps when making emergency call is needed.  Please let us know if you are able to make call from this screen and solves the issue for you.

Emergency numbers like 911 can be made from Android Pin/Pattern Lock screen. The child should be able to use dial the emergency from his/her Lock screen during time block period.  However he/she won’t be able to make other normal number.  For this to work, the android pin/pattern lock should be enabled in settings.

Below is the screen shot where emergency dialler is shown in Android Pin/Pattern Lock screen.

When “Emergency Call”  text is clicked, it brings emergency dialler. Below is the screenshot. 

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.