• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

How do I copy my Roboform passwords into NIS 2012's Identity Safe ?

How do I copy my AI Roboform Desktop 7.70 into NIS 2012's Identity Safe ?  They're .rfp files.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How do I copy my Roboform passwords into NIS 2012's Identity Safe ?

Hi,

Can you please check if you can export it in .CSV.

I belive there should an option for exporting it as CSV format and you can import the CSV format of logins into NIS 2012.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

I use Roboform 7.7 and there is no way to export the passwords.  Doing so wouldn't be safe since they'd no longer be encrypted.   I'm guessing that there's no way to convert from Roboform to NIS 2012 Identify Safe, which is somewhat odd since Norton Identity Safe is basically a skined licensed version of Roboform (it even uses the same dll files).

Kudos0

Hi Morac,

Am not sure about the export method of roboform but wanted to clarify one point. From our 2012 products, we don't use roboform DLL's anymore for password manager. We have our own methods and DLL's to handle the Identity safe. We call it as WAX whic is otherwise the shorter form of Web Analysis eXpert. Moving forward from 2012 we are no more dependent on Roboform DLL's.

To add, we now have released our own freeware Beta version of password manager which is nothing but the Norton Identity safe, a standalone application of Identity safe.

Please refer this post: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Identity-Safe-Public-Beta/bd-p/NIDSafe_PB

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos1 Stats

Hi everyone,

Also as a Roboform 7 user may I offer some advice.

Roboform for obvious reasons do not make it easy to import passcards directly into other password managers.

However you can export Roboform Passcards in html format using the Editor / Print / Save or Options / User Data facilities and I believe that Cute Password Manager and KeePass (with the appropriate plugin) can import html files directly and the resulting passwords can then be exported as a csv file.

Roboform has some irritating features but having said that I have not found any other password manager so far as user friendly as Roboform. I have not tested out the conversion process using using KeePass of Cute but it would certainly be worth a try. Once you have the csv file you will then be able to import to Norton Identity Safe. There could be some passcards which may not translate well and may need to be manually input. That is why I would suggest backing up the passcard list as an html file to a safe flash drive or cd and also printing the passcard list regularly using the Editor function (see CPM link below). They are obviously not as secure as an encrypted file but computer systems do fail from time to time so it would certainly be better than losing hundreds of passwords.

The following links might help ......

KeePass Help Centre

How to import Roboform's passwords to CPM

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 • Windows 7 Home x32 • Norton Internet Security 2012 • Firefox 22 • NoScript • Opera 12 • Site Advisor • Minimem • Sandboxie • Malwarebytes Free • CCleaner • WinPatrol • TuneUp Utilities 2012 • UltraFileSearch.
Kudos0

Yeah, I agree. However I've noticed since they came out with 7.0. that it either can't detect & won't fill a foum or log you in on some websites. For example, I get the Windows Secrets newsletter, yet when I go there website now and try to login Roboform can't detect the the actual login screen that you're looking at in your browser. That's bad.

Kudos0

Prasanna_a said "you can import the CSV format of logins into NIS 2012."  Please tell me how!  :)  The only option I know of is to go through "Restore," and that only allows you to select .npm files to restore from.  Please help! 

My computer's hard drive crashed with no npm backup having been made recently, but I do have a recent csv which I exported for my phone's Keepass app.  I would prefer not entering all that data manually if at all possible.

Kudos0

On Norton Toolbar > Identity Safe > Options > Import > Browse

you can select .npm .dat or .csv files.

The .csv file has to be exactly as described here...

Cheers, Jo Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Kudos0

I'm actually running IS on Norton 360 (I thought it would be the same, sorry).  For some reason, "import" isn't shown as a choice under "options" when using 360.

Kudos0

It should be the same for Norton 360 v6 !

If not or on N360 v5 please look under Identity Safe > Settings

Kudos0

Thanks for that link. I'll give it a try.

Kudos0

Hi Brobri,

Guess you are not using our 2012 version of our product. As Jo pointed out, you need to install our V6 of N360. Please check if you are using the latest version. Open Norton icon from desktop, click on Support->About and check if it shows the latest version.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Turns out I am using Norton 360 v4.2.  I recently had a hard drive crash and had to reinstall.  Before the crash, Norton had initiated an upgrade to a newer version, but I can't seem to find how to initiate that upgrade manually (assuming I even can). 

I have already purchased NIS 2012, but I still have about 75 days left on my subscription through the 360 and do not want to lose that by installing the new product.  I think I remember it adding on the remaining time when I installed a newer version last year, but I'm not sure on that and don't want to risk it. 

Either way, getting to a newer version would seem to facilitate the csv import.  Any thoughts on the best route to that?

Kudos0

Try latest vsn of NIS for free for 60 days

http://community.norton.com/t5/Windows-8-Consumer-Preview/Welcome-to-the-Windows-8-Consumer-Preview-compatibility-forum/td-p/670769

then 1 or 2 days before promo ends > insert the key you already bought for NIS 2012.

Kudos0

My NIS 2012 has already been activated since purchase 2-3 months ago.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.