• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

How do I get NIS 2010 to take away my spam?

How can I get norton 2010 to take away my spam?  I have it turned on but i doesn't do anything. Am I missing something?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How do I get NIS 2010 to take away my spam?

I'm using Win 7, Windows Live Mail.  I have a gmail and a live.ca account. 
Kudos0

Can you look in your email account settings and tel us what the port settings are?
Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

Taken from a post of Yaso_Kuuhl(Guru):

"The e-mail scanning progress indicator which pops up in the notification area does not exist in Norton 2010 products; you can read more information over here in this thread:

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=nis_feedback&thread.id=72276

NIS 2010 works fine with Windows Live Mail, but the Antispam toolbar will not integrate into Windows Live Mail, and Norton only scans standard non-SSL ports(POP3 & SMTP). The Antispam toolbar only integrates fully into Outlook and Outlook Express."

Also, check the post of ax (Symantec Employee) in this thread:

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=nis_feedback&message.id=45557

Kudos0

Am I supposed to change my port settings to something? Are there set up instructions somewhere?
Kudos0

No, you do not have to change anything.  I just wanted to make sure you were using the ports that Norton would scan.  In your account setup in Live Mail, it should tell you the incoming and outgoing email ports.

As yogesh_ mohan copied, NIS2010 will not adda tool bar to Windows Live Mail but Norton will scan the email and add [Norton Antispam] to the message tag.  You can make a rule to filter your email and move any messages with [Norton Antispam] in the subject line to any folder you would like.

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

outgoing 465 incoming 993 for gmail

for windows live it does not tell me

I am using Windows Live Mail Client that comes with Windows Live Essentials

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.