• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

How does Norton Core Security Plus compare to Norton 360 Deluxe

I have Norton Core Security Plus, have had Norton for years and years, Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, then Norton 360 then back to Norton Security and then Norton Core, also with the Deluxe or Plus addition.

Now that Norton Core appears to have been discontinued, Norton is selling Norton 360 again. How does what I have compare to what is now the current Deluxe? I don't see any VPN in Core which is supposedly included with Norton 360 Deluxe. Will my subscription be transmografied to the new Norton 360 upon renewal, or do I have to buy a new subscription?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How does Norton Core Security Plus compare to Norton 360 Deluxe

Hello dwsmithjr. To continue using Core and have all its "network and device" protections remain in place you will need to keep the subscription active until end of support. Core will function as any good router will after that point is the official statement, which makes zero sense because the Norton Core Security Plus subscription will no longer be available. I'm not sure if there will be a new product specifically for Core at EOS, current Norton offerings WON'T work with Core to allow its functions to remain. They WILL protect the individual devices they are installed on.

I currently have Norton 360 Deluxe with VPN. Again, the VPN will help protect your online privacy on the individual devices it is installed on. It will NOT provide any network level protection as Norton Core Security Plus. It will be a good device solution when Core goes EOS.

As for the subscription you would have active at the time Core goes EOS, transferring its remaining days over to a new subscription you may chose, is beyond me to personally answer since we don't know what is taking place in the background for replacement of Norton Core Security Plus. I will ask the Core admin to chime in with their outlook going forward. I'm almost certain, support will be able to accommodate Core customers with subscription issues at EOS.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Hello Saul

Isn't Norton 360 Delux with VPN only good for 5 devices? What do you do if you have more devices? Core is good for unlimited devices

Have a Good Night and

Thanks

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Indeed it is. Even with LifeLock according to the Norton site, just 5 devices. Once Core goes EOS, its going to get really expensive with current offering to protect a network and its devices. Maybe a planned new business model? Core going away hasn't been fully explained, unofficially nor officially other than the standard corporate ya-ya. Unless Norton pulls a rabbit out of the magic hat and offers a suite to cover unlimited devices, and protects a network, what is the purpose of keeping Core and taking a new offering? Zilch!!! From where I sit.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos1 Stats

So when does Norton plan to officially update Core users that their product is defunct? I came here looking for information on an unrelated topic and ran into these threads about the Core being discontinued, otherwise I wouldn't even know this was happening! That's a shame by the way as I actually like my Core. It works well in my home and looks a lot nicer on my desk than a traditional router. 

Granted it seems like service and support will continue until Jan 2021 so it's not like I have to go router shopping today but it'd sure be nice to get some information on this from Norton about what the plan is going forward for us Core users. At this point I being an earlier adopter I am already in a monthly billing cycle so it seems I can just continue my current subscription active until I hear otherwise? 

Kudos0

Does anyone know if Norton gives people who subscribe to Norton Core Security Plus a discount for their VPN?  The Core Security Plus subscription already costs more than Norton 360 deluxe, which includes the VPN.  Given the issues with the Core router being discontinued, it seems like Norton is adding insult to injury if they now want us to also pay full price for the VPN in addition to the $120 they are charging us for the Core Security Plus subscription.