Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
How does one create and invoke a forum Macro?
I have noticed a page in my profile for setting up Macros, but it is not clear how to fill in the boxes or how to invoke a macro once the macro has been defined.
Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains how to set up a macro and how to invoke it in the forum editor?
[Edited] P.S. I just found the information I was looking for, elsewhere on the Forum:
How do I use macros?Macros let you create boilerplate text that you can paste into any message with the click of a mouse.
To set up a macro:
- Click My Settings and click the Macros tab.
You can create up to nine macros.
- Type a name for the fist macro in the Macro 1 Title box.
Make the name short, but memorable (you'll choose it by name from a menu).
- Type the text you want to be able to paste in the Macro 1 box.
If your community allows HTML, you can use HTML tags in your macro.
- Enter names and text for your other macros.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: If you want to have special text at the bottom of post, you can put that text in a signature instead of a macro.
To use a macro when you post:
- Go to a Post page.
The Macros menu is on the right side of the Post page toolbar. You can use a macro in any sort of post: a message, a reply, a comment, an idea, you name it.
- Click in the Subject or Body area where you want to paste the macro text.
Tip: It's a good idea to keep your subjects short, though.
- Choose a macro in the Macros menu.
That's all there is to it! The text of your macro appears wherever your cursor was.