• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

How to downgrade IDSafe from 2014 to 2012?

Yo!

I want to know if I can use a NIS 2014 exported local vault in NIS 2012. I'm thinking about going back cause the new IDSafe interface is a real mess and there's no Fill my Login menu in the drop-down IDSafe Password Manager so I have to manually copy/paste my credentials (there are times at which a page refresh to have IDSafe log you in is not an option.)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How to downgrade IDSafe from 2014 to 2012?

Yo!

I want to know if I can use a NIS 2014 exported local vault in NIS 2012. I'm thinking about going back cause the new IDSafe interface is a real mess and there's no Fill my Login menu in the drop-down IDSafe Password Manager so I have to manually copy/paste my credentials (there are times at which a page refresh to have IDSafe log you in is not an option.)

Kudos0

You could instead install NISv20 (NIS13).

You should export in both DAT and CSV format to ensure compatibility,.

Here's a link to download NISv20 - www.norton.com/nis20

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Thx for your answer but installing NIS 2013 would force me to create an online vault which I don't want to create. My original question boils down to whether exported NIS 2014 credentials can be fully read by the older 2012 version.

Kudos0

I've got you now, but if you uninstall NIS14 and select the option that you will be installing another Norton product and Save Settings, your ID Safe should still be available.

I've just done this except  reinstalled The latest N360 again.  I'm still happily using my local ID safe.

Edit :

DAT format will not work if I remember correctly.  You need to export in CSV.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Krusty13 wrote:

I've got you now, but if you uninstall NIS14 and select the option that you will be installing another Norton product and Save Settings, your ID Safe should still be available.

I've just done this except  reinstalled The latest N360 again.  I'm still happily using my local ID safe.

Edit :

DAT format will not work if I remember correctly.  You need to export in CSV.

Just to verify what Krusty13 said - if you are going back to NIS 2012, you will have to Export in .csv format as the .dat from current version is not compatible.  BTW, NIS 2012 can be downlaoded from here.

Kudos4 Stats

Thx for your help and I wish Norton brought back local vault to NIS. Shuffling different versions just to get it on the newest NIS is a bit tedious to say the least.

Kudos0

TheUserOfTheWeb wrote:

Thx for your help and I wish Norton brought back local vault to NIS. Shuffling different versions just to get it on the newest NIS is a bit tedious to say the least.

Hi TheUserOfTheWeb,

Many users wish the same as you! Here is an old and long thread asking for the return of the local vault, should you want to add your voice.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.