• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

How to Keep Existing N360 Online Backup with Norton Security?

I already posted this in the Norton Security forum, but perhaps it's more appropriate here.

I've had 360 Premier for a few years, so I've accrued 54GB of online backup of which 42GB is still unused.  Will that remain available to me if I just upgrade to the new NS for 5 devices, or must I get (the more expensive) NS w/Backup?  With the no-backup version, I could add my Android tablet and phone to my current 3 PC install, which I'd like, but I don't want to lose the online backup I've already paid for....

I just tried to get this question answered via Norton chat support, but by the end of the session I was more confused than ever.  First my chat advisor said I must buy NS w/Backup to keep what I already have, but then said I could restore my current online storage during installation of the no-backup version.  Also told me that my current N360 would be automatically uninstalled during the new NS install, but if I wanted to keep my existing online backup, I had to "restore" it BEFORE uninstalling N360!  Help!!!

I understand (or I assume) that if I replace N360 with standard NS, I will no longer be able to use Norton to back up new data -- but will I also lose access to my old Norton backups, either in the cloud or on external drives, or both?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How to Keep Existing N360 Online Backup with Norton Security?

Hello again zambaq.

I think I tried to answer your question in the other thread.  If you still have questions after reading that then feel free to come back here or in the other thread.  Though if they are purely backup related, here may be better.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Mike
Kudos0

Hello again Mike,

I just thanked you for your thoughtful reply in the other thread where it was posted, but I'm wondering whether there are any streamlined, stand-alone, fool-proof, non-Norton backup applications that you, as a Backup Guru, would care to recommend?  I know I could just make do with what Microsoft provides in Windows 7, but what are some good alternatives?

Kudos0

Hello again zambaq.

Sadly I am not a "Backup Guru" merely someone who has been around for so long on the forums that for some reason a "Guru" badge got attached to my user name, and I happen to have used the backup features of N360 and NSBU.  So I do not think that my knowledge is sufficient to safely advise you on alternatives.  Sorry.

Mike

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.