• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

I bought two NIS 2009 (for one user), can I use the same Norton Account on two PC?

I bought two NIS 2009 (for one user),  can I use the same Norton Account on two PC?
I know Norton Account will save the key and remain you the days.
I have 2 pc, and I bought 2 NIS 2009 (Both of them are for one user).
One PC I had installed NIS 2009 and use Norton Account for 4 months, and another not used NIS 2009 before.
So can I use the same Norton Account to register new NIS 2009 on another PC?
(The old pc Norton Account still remain 8 months)
Or.. should I create a new Norton Account for another PC?Message Edited by ONE on 03-05-2009 07:30 AM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I bought two NIS 2009 (for one user), can I use the same Norton Account on two PC?

U can install other nis in other pc using same account, as licence is bought by u not a computer.

Its upto u how u use them.

So, don't worry, go ahead and install :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------NIS 2011 beta 18.0.0.107 Win 7 7600 RTM 32-bit
Kudos0

Re: I bought two NIS 2009 (for one user), can I use the same Norton Account on two PC?

Hi ONE,

A Norton Account is a feature only of Norton 2006 and later products. A Norton Account stores your product key on a Symantec server. If you reinstall your program and have lost your product key, you can use your Norton Account get your product key. If you have already registered the Product under one email address, the Norton 2009 program will connect to the same Norton Account when you install and activate it on second computer by checking the product key. If it is unable to find your existing Norton Account, then only you need to go find your Norton Account and register it there, or else create a new Norton Account. Mostly, you won't be able to register the Product key under a different email address if it is already registered. That is an extra protection against priacy, so that no one else uses the same product key to register it under another email address.

Yogesh 

Kudos0

Depending on which country you are located in, you might find it cheaper to buy one copy of the 3 PC version and use that on your two computers rather than use two single PC versions.

Symantec have a 60 day warranty so you could return those two you bought -- even if you have opened them and installed them -- and get your money back so you can buy the 3 PC version.

I suggest you speak with Customer Support on this and see what is the easiest and best solution for you.

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You may find CHAT or email better since there can be long delays on phone.

That link is from the US/CAN website but you should find it on your localised Symantec website if you are not in the US/CAN.

Hugh
Kudos0

Rohit1gupta wrote:

U can install other nis in other pc using same account, as licence is bought by u not a computer.

Its upto u how u use them.

So, don't worry, go ahead and install :) 

Yes, you are right.

I tried it today, and my account save both of the keys.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.