Solved.
Kudos1 Stats

I have error 0x800CCC0E , Outlook 2013 cannot download. Nothing changed, just started on its own

I am getting the following error message when I check for new mail and nothing is sending from my outbox.  I have changed nothing on system at all, it just started happening about 9.30 last night.  Messages send and receive fine on webmail. I have tried rebooting (several times) changing timeout settings, disabling email antivirus etc etc .  Nothing works. No problem with internet connection. I am also getting loads of prompts for entering my password for email server and I know the correct details are already entered.  I'm pretty fed up now. 

Task '[my email address]: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server for account [my email address]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Please can someone suggest what might be wrong.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: I have error 0x800CCC0E , Outlook 2013 cannot download. Nothing changed, just started on its own

Yes done all that (no reported problems).  However, having spent nearly three hours trying to resolve the issue with various suggestions on various sites, I managed to fix it simply by changing my email account password.  This wasn't mentioned anywhere as a fix but when I called BT (my ISP) there was a pre-recorded message to say that many email problems are resolved by changing password for email address.  Very annoying that wasn't a suggesting on the site itself.:-(  Anyway it may help others who experience a similar issue.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I have error 0x800CCC0E , Outlook 2013 cannot download. Nothing changed, just started on its own

It sounds like a server problem.  Have you checked with your ISP to see if they know of any problems?

Windows 10 x64 21H2 | Mint Cinnamon 20.3
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Yes done all that (no reported problems).  However, having spent nearly three hours trying to resolve the issue with various suggestions on various sites, I managed to fix it simply by changing my email account password.  This wasn't mentioned anywhere as a fix but when I called BT (my ISP) there was a pre-recorded message to say that many email problems are resolved by changing password for email address.  Very annoying that wasn't a suggesting on the site itself.:-(  Anyway it may help others who experience a similar issue.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.