• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Since i registered with Norton Community Forums on/ 30/4/2013--im so glad to be associated.

Being a relatively new community member,i am so overwhelmed as to how this forum has progressed and heading into pure correctness and advancements and making people feel accepted into a mutual family of freindship and the best way is for every one to be respectful and courteous to others and speak with humbleness(thats what i believe anyway).

Also,one of the first instructions i really took notice of,is not to mention any other companies,products and their services excetra,but instead to focus on supporting and boosting our Norton/Symantic product and be proud of our association and to contribute and where possible if we have any ground breaking suggestions and ideas to focus on advancing our own association.

As i have said in previous postings,i have tried most of the other security products and been thourghly let down by having viruses,intrusions and not having such comprehensive doorways secured,I have never felt so at ease and relaxed that my security system is intense and thourough.To put this into another context is how as soon as i invited Norton into my computer, Norton have come in and made themselves at home and spread their tentacles into every aspect of my system and taken a strong hold...that i am completely glad that they do this...i have never had an intrusion into my system in any way at all since i installed Norton about 8 months ago. I origionally had the basic Norton cheaper version internet security and was told by (a so called computer expert) that it is not worth stepping up to Norton 360,but 1 month ago Norton released a free 30 day 360 trial run and i was totally convinced that 360 is so much more comprehensive and worth it !!.

Your's Sincerely,Martin Beattie

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Since i registered with Norton Community Forums on/ 30/4/2013--im so glad to be associated.

Being a relatively new community member,i am so overwhelmed as to how this forum has progressed and heading into pure correctness and advancements and making people feel accepted into a mutual family of freindship and the best way is for every one to be respectful and courteous to others and speak with humbleness(thats what i believe anyway).

Also,one of the first instructions i really took notice of,is not to mention any other companies,products and their services excetra,but instead to focus on supporting and boosting our Norton/Symantic product and be proud of our association and to contribute and where possible if we have any ground breaking suggestions and ideas to focus on advancing our own association.

As i have said in previous postings,i have tried most of the other security products and been thourghly let down by having viruses,intrusions and not having such comprehensive doorways secured,I have never felt so at ease and relaxed that my security system is intense and thourough.To put this into another context is how as soon as i invited Norton into my computer, Norton have come in and made themselves at home and spread their tentacles into every aspect of my system and taken a strong hold...that i am completely glad that they do this...i have never had an intrusion into my system in any way at all since i installed Norton about 8 months ago. I origionally had the basic Norton cheaper version internet security and was told by (a so called computer expert) that it is not worth stepping up to Norton 360,but 1 month ago Norton released a free 30 day 360 trial run and i was totally convinced that 360 is so much more comprehensive and worth it !!.

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Since i registered with Norton Community Forums on/ 30/4/2013--im so glad to be associated.

Hi Martin

It is always good to hear about positive experiences. All too often it is only the few that have issues with a product that end up posting to support forums. This leaves the other millions of users with no problems with  no voice.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Martin,

Thanks for posting.

<< I origionally had the basic Norton cheaper version internet security and was told by (a so called computer expert) that it is not worth stepping up to Norton 360  >>

Anything any of us says here is our own prsonal view and that in fact is one of the great virtues of the Forums -- that even those of us with the "guru" title given by Norton does not have a party line to adhere to!

I certainly suggest to people that NIS is a good choice from the 3 Norton products not because say N360 is bad but because it really does not add any more security protection than NIS since they use the same engines. And yes I do say just that here in the Forums.

If you want the free online storage, fine. However look at how people are screaming about Norton "in the cloud" storage of their Identity Safe data .....

For me I don't want the other "system tools" in N 360 in part because I have specific (free) tools for specific functions thta work under my control while the Norton 360 tools are part of the N 360 philosophy of "fit and forget" intended for non-technical users.

The danger with saying well I'm a non technical user so I want those tools is that unless you understand what they do and what can be the consequences of using them then you can do more harm than good.

By the way it helps with legibility to put an extra blank line between paragraphs. The editor here doesn't do that automatically as I believe a civilized one should!

Hugh
Kudos0

Hey,Mr GURU,

thanks for pointing out to me that i am "uncivilised" by not using more "paragraphs",it was very encouraging.

Hows this..another "paragraph"-i hope you are pleased to have enlightened me unto the GURU PARAGRAPHS.

By the way,have you visited the Microsoft Forums lately?.

In there they have extracted your very own posting into this forum because of the way you put Norton down because Norton are to busy floating around in the "clouds" and other choices,instead of concentrating on just security on the ground and that is why they say Microsoft Security Essentials is now the better leader in the world--because it just sticks to civilised on the ground with no distractions..but just committed to "security only".

Kudos0

Martin,

Are you delibverately looking for insults or what?

I did not say YOU were uncivilized but that the reply editor -- software on the forum -- does not do double spacing paragraphs automatically which is a convention that goes back a long time -- I learned it in High School typing class in in 1941 ...... as one of the only boys there -- and which makes long mesages very much easier to read, which after all is the purpose of posting a message!

I don't put Norton down; I've been a member of their support team since just after the Forums started in 2008, so do please give a link to the Microsoft Forums and such a message. I can't imagine why Microsoft should consider the cloud as bad since that's where they are going with OFFICE .....

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi Hugh,im sorry that i took things the wrong way-it just seemed by the way you worded things.

The last thing im looking for is any insults in any shape or form,just the opposite,i prefer freindship and harmony and im glad that you wrote so courtesly back to me.

Alls well my freind.

Martin.

Kudos0

Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply -- no problem .... misunderstandings are easy on line, alas.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.