• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

I want norton antivirus 2007 definations - where to download it

I want norton antivirus 2007 definations - where to download it

i searched symantec site it has Norton Definitions only starting from norton antivirus 2008 now . previously it was having 2007 Norton Definitions

so where to get it .

thanks

i have till  oct 2016 antivirus 2007 definations installed .

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I want norton antivirus 2007 definations - where to download it

I don't think you can.

This page shows 2007 but as you've found, clicking the link to the definitions takes you to definitions for 2008 and later.

https://au.norton.com/security_response/definitions.jsp?pid=nav2007

Why on earth would you think NAV from 2007 would still protect you in 2017?  Time to upgrade, my friend.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

virus definations for 2008 upto 2012 are only 178.5 MB why

does it not include all definations

mine virus definations for oct 2016 update for 2007 was approx 900 mb why so much difference in size

Kudos0

If you upgraded to the current version (22.9.3), which is obviously still support, the SDS Defintions which replace Virus Definitions, are only 62.2 MB (for 22.9.x).

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95#secTab2

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

aks kumar020:

virus definations for 2008 upto 2012 are only 178.5 MB why

does it not include all definations

mine virus definations for oct 2016 update for 2007 was approx 900 mb why so much difference in size

You are talking about a product that is 10 years old, which is about 60 years old in dog years and tech years.  There are currently hundreds of thousands of new virus variants released every day.  Had there not been changes made to virus definition methodology over the years, the definitions files would simply be too enormous at this point to be practical. 

Furthermore, traditional definitions-based detection is woefully inadequate to counter today's threats.  Newer antivirus products have additional components that protect against malware that can now easily evade detection by signature scanning.  It is time for you to upgrade to a current product.  

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.