• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

ID Safe 5.1.1.2 vs 5.2.0.19

On one of my computers yesterday, I received a notification that a new version of ID Safe had been installed. The version was 5.2.0.19.  I immediately noticed that several pages were not responding to ID Safe; by not responding, I mean that although I have vault entries for those pages, I was not getting prompted with the signin info. In fact, the ID safe icon was superimposed on the userid/password fields, but if I clicked on those fields, nothing happened.

I checked my other computer and ID Safe was at version 5.1.1.2. It was working properly. I immedately installed 5.1.1.2 on the first computer and I turned off auto update for that addon on both PC's. What is up? 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: ID Safe 5.1.1.2 vs 5.2.0.19

This is with Firefox (57.0.4) if that's important

Kudos0

Hello

Perhaps the new version of Firefox will get the new version of the extension to be better.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.12.0.104 Core 226 I E 11
Kudos0

Perhaps?

Are you aware of something that changed in Firefox 58 that is relevant to the issue I raised? If so, please be a bit more forthcoming. Otherwise, I might be tempted to respond that perhaps clicking my ruby slippers 3 times might also get the new version of the extension to be better..

Not trying to be a wiseguy, but unless you pay by the word to post hear, you could have offered a more complete explanation.

Kudos0

Upon clicking my ruby slippers three times - I upgraded to FF58 (64bits), and received an update also for my ID Safe extension to 5.2.0.19.  This was on my WIN 10 system.

All kidding aside, my WIN 7 system I also updated to FF 58 and did not receive the new ID Safe extension.  However, once I turned off the auto update for extensions, and ran a manual update I received an update - to 5.2.0.19.

Not being an avid FF user, I am not sure why things worked as they did, but I am sure someone who uses FF much more than I do can explain it all. 

Kudos0

Check this thread.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-identity-safe-script-excessive-time-firefox

I am on W10 64bit and Firefox 58 64bit and i have moved back to Norton Identity Safe 5.1.1.2 and Norton Safe Web 2.3.0.24 extensions and the speed has returned to Firefox. I was having trouble on Facebook lagging for a while and now it pops. Other sites that seemed to lag at times are also popping.

Jim