• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Identity safe apparently not compatible with Firefox 50.0

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity safe apparently not compatible with Firefox 50.0

Kudos0

I believe you are pointing to the downloader vor the addon.  I have the addon but as of this morning when Firefox 50.0 downloaded the identity safe would not boot up.  I returned to Firefox 49.0.2 and I worked again.  Must be Firefox 50.0

Kudos0

Yes, I needed clarification if you were reporting new extension.

Thanks....Hmm, I've read new extension works better with FF50.

Lets hear from users running new FF ID Safe extension + FF50.

Kudos0

Are we dancing to the same ol' tune we were last year?  Using Identity Safe  extension after live update.  Firefox upgraded to 50 last evening  Now when attempting to open Identity safe from the toolbar a blank white window opens and hangs.  I've attempted to access from taskbar as well with the same end result.

Kudos0

Sorry, I'll try to ping FF50 + ID Safe user....

Kudos0

Are you using a Norton Security program or the stand-alone ID Safe?

Thanks.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

I am using Firefox 50 and the Firefox Norton Identity Safe extension without any problems. 

Kudos0

Using Norton Internet Security which has ID Safe as a component

Kudos0

Working fine for me on FF 50 and NSBU 22.8.1.14.

What version of the ID Safe extension do you have? Current version is 1.2.47.5 It is now independent of your main Norton Security product.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Firefox 50.0

Running:  Norton Identity Safe 1.2.47.5

Norton Security toolbar 2016.8.1.8

Toolbar icon opens blank white window.  Taskbar processes to what would be vault password, although blank white. 

Kudos0

I have FF50 and NSBU 22.8.1.14 and when i click on the identity safe icon I get a message that say"Sorry something went wrong please try again" I tried many times with no success. I am not using the stand alone I have Norton Security which has ID Safe as a component. It worked fine with FF49

Kudos0

My IDSafe extension works fine with FF 50.
Kudos0

Ongoing issues. Having returned to Firefox 49.0.2 and finding the safe worked fine, I subsequently lost access again as Firefox automatically updated to 50.0. While in this situation I went in to Norton Internet Security and turned off the Safe.  So the only thing working was the the Safe add-on to Firefox.  No joy.

So I removed Firefox completely, downloaded 49.0.2, set Firefox not to automatically update and I am back in business.

Kudos0

As I noted above, the FF extension is separate from the ID Safe in your Norton Security product. This can be seen by signing into your vault from IE or Chrome, and you will not be signed in from the FF extension. You have to sign into that separately. Similarly, the settings for the vault you set up while in IE or Chrome or from Norton Security do not necessarily carry over to FF. You have to use the FF extension settings, which are very sparse at this time.

Kudos0

Hello

Would the white page maybe due to AdBlock Plus or some other extension incompatibility? I may be incorrect, but trying to help despite not using Firefox.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I have corrected the issue by resetting all Firefox add-ons and rebuilding.  It appears FLASH was the culprit.  The interesting part was Identity Safe login routine was the ONLY obvious software effected.  Thanks for your input.

Kudos0

Hello

Glad to hear that you found the culprit involved.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi,

If you see the blank screen issue again, could you please post a screenshot for reference? We appreciate you for letting us know. 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hi,

I have been experiencing this problem with Norton Identity Safe and Firefox 50. A blank drop-down window when clicking the toolbar icon or a blank page that loads and then rapidly closes when invited to sign in on a page requiring a log-in. A pop-up box then appears 'sorry something went wrong'. I've now downgraded to Firefox 49.0.2 and can use Norton Identity Safe again.

Is there some way I can be kept informed of when this problem is fixed and I can upgrade back to Firefox 50?

Thanks.

Kudos0

My problem was exactly the same as yours were the drop down menu from the identity safe icon is there, but blank.  I thought Flash was the problem but after disabling Flash the problem returned  The only method I've came up with to revive is to delete Firefox and reload.  When reloading you are given the option to reset and clear add-ons.  Do so then rebuild add-ons from "Get add-ons menu.  Including Norton Identity Safe.  One question I would ask is; Do you use any programs such as CCleaner that work in the background cleaning up privacy items after closing a browser.  After such an operation I have noticed the loss of access to Identity safe menu (blank) when reopening the browser.  I've removed CCleaner presently and testing. 

Kudos0

I also have this problem.  Bit p'd off tbh.  With help from the Norton online help I only got the id safe working a week ago, now the move to Firefox 50.0 has screwed it.  The problem last time was AdBlock so I've disabled that - seems I can eliminate pop ups or have id safe working but not both.

This time I get the white screen problem described above.  I can logon to the safe directly from Norton but when I want to use the password fill it asks me to logon (again) and then it goes white screen on me.

I've disabled all  add ons and still get the problem.

FF 50.0

Id Safe 1.2.47.5

Toolbar 2016.8.0.95

FF and Norton tell me they are latest levels.

Kudos0

Thanks, WyeKnot.

Downgrading to Firefox 49.0.2 seems to me the easier solution until Norton sort this bug in Firefox 50 out. I don't really have the time or inclination to rebuild Firefox as you have done. I had hoped that after all the time users were made to wait for a version of Norton Identity Safe to work this was all a thing of the past. I hope there is a fix soon.

Kudos0

Unless you have the time and inclination to attempt the following you might be better served to wait for a fix from Norton.  After the wait last year, I prefer to give it a try myself.  Even if I screw it up worse.  It is better than waiting.

Unfortunately the only means to refresh the add-ons in Firefox, that I have found.  Is to remove Firefox 50 using control Panel and reloading it.  Anyone with a simpler method, that works.  I'm all ears.  It would be a good idea to download the stub for Firefox 50.0 and make a list of your functional add-ons prior to removal.  When I have reloaded Firefox fresh, a query to reset add-ons appears above the bottom tool bar.  Select Reset to clear the add-ons.  Restart Firefox ( Notice the Identity Safe Icon should be gone.)  now click the three horizontal stacked line icon at the top right, and select add-ons to again get Identity Safe and other compatible add-ons that were running prior.  If this works, great.  If it doesn't you should be no worse off than when you started.  Just out some time.  As for myself CCleaner is reconfigured to hopefully coexist with Identity Safe.  Fingers crossed.

Kudos0

Hello

Can some of you please post a screenshot of the white blank place for Gayathri so that the Team can see what you mean.? Doing so will help in getting this issue resolved more quickly.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Thanks.

Kudos0

Kudos1 Stats

I have been having a problem getting into Identity Safe since Firefox updated to 50.0. The toolbar has never been there, but the usual way to get in - via the logo on Firefox toolbar, does not now work, just an empty box appears! When I select a service requiring my log in details then I see the normal request for my Identity Safe password appears followed by the Norton logo screen saying it is loading - but never get anything else. All the Norton Add-ons are active, enabled. What can I do to get forward?

Kudos0

Phil

Can you provide more information? What browser, what operating system, what do you see when you try to use ID Safe?

Skipper

There is a similar issue being reported and tracked in this thread.   https://community.norton.com/en/forums/identity-safe-apparently-not-comp...

Kudos0

It is a simple blank page.  I am sure it can be reproduced easily.   Let us say I am say website that needs me to log in  I see the id safe icon and when I click on it, a sign in box pops up. I click on it and it opens a new page that is blank.  Can this be fixed quickly.  Here is the screen shot of the first page and the blank page

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Hello Gayathri

help_login  has provided you with some screenshots of the white page that you requested

@Gayathri_R

Thanks.

Kudos0

Skipper

Using Google Chrome in Windows 10. When trying to use ID to login to any one of the sites in my vault nothing happens. Sometimes note reads it is trying to login however unsuccessful.

Kudos0

help_login:

It is a simple blank page.  I am sure it can be reproduced easily.   Let us say I am say website that needs me to log in  I see the id safe icon and when I click on it, a sign in box pops up. I click on it and it opens a new page that is blank.  Can this be fixed quickly.  Here is the screen shot of the first page and the blank page

This sounds like the trouble users were having if they use No Script or Adblock Plus. If you have those try disabling one at a time.

I use Adblock Plus and I had to disable the Easy Privacy filter when the new FF extension came out to get the vault to open. The test version of the FF extension fixed this on my system. Check to see that you have version 1.2.47.5

Kudos0

Browser Firefox 50 on Win10. The problem with Identity Safe password is as described in my earlier comment. I can confirm that by removing Firefox 50 and loading FF 48.02 everything works well with the FF compatible advance release you have made, with the published limitations.

All my reported problems are with ID Safe on my main PC. My laptop is fine on Win10 and FF 50. Also the full Norton toolbar and ID package is, as always, fine on G Chrome and IE.

Kudos0

When attempting to sign in to my Norton on line vault with Firefox 50 I do not even get the first of help_login's images, just a blank drop-down box where that should be. No problems at all since I downgraded to Firefox 49.0.2. I am using the latest versions of both Adblock Plus and No Script. Both these work fine in Firefox 49.0.2.

I hope you have a fix soon.

Kudos0

I have exactly the same problem with a couple of small differences.

I get a brief look at the "signing into your account" screen before I get the white screen.

I couldn't get Adblock and the safe to work together on the previous Firefox (49.0.2) so have have Adblock disabled.  I have the latest versions of everything, even windows 10 is full patched.

I have no firefox add ons apart from the toolbar and identity safe enabled.

Any fix would be greatly appreciated.

Kudos0

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us, and for sharing screenshots. 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Thank for the suggestion.  I tried disabling adblock but does not seem to work.  I guess the most effective suggestion for now is go to 49.02

Kudos0

It doesn't work..Any attempt to login via the extension and it leads to a blank page. Therefore no login possible.
Kudos0

I'm using Adblock Plus (not sure what the difference from Adblock is) and FF 50 with ID Safe 1.2.47.5 and nothing but the same old problems as before, no ability to open my vault just once (whether in or out of FF) and the crappy game of follow-the-bouncing doughnut.  I challenge anyone with a somewhat overworked PC running Win10 who has an account on the Bell&Howell photo website to sign on and watch their screen continually want to bounce to the bottom of a long page to fill in God knows what...  Identity Safe under FF is still a work in (non-) progress...

Kudos0

I had the same blank screen updating FF to ver 50.  The attached change to security settings fixed it for me.  I had to disable Always Use Private Browsing Mode.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Firefox 50, uBlock Origin on, no problems with Identity Safe opening other than the prior inconvenience of it still being signed in to my Norton account and having to sign out and re-open to get the sign in for Identity Safe.  If get signed out of Identity Safe each browser session, you should also get signed out of your Norton acct. to eliminate an unnecessary step sign back in to Identity Safe.

I have to wonder if some of the problems people are experiencing are related to Windows 10, as I've had no trouble on two PCs with Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Kudos0

I am experiencing these problems using Windows Vista. No problem with Firefox 49.0.2. The problem only appeared when Firefox automatically upgraded to version 50. I am now back working productively with version 49.0.2 where Norton Identity Safe works normally.

Kudos0

It works for me too. But I think this should have better solution. Thanks!

Kudos0

Hello

FF 50 seems to have a new feature which is breaking extensions. Are the customers who are having this blank extension or page using Permanent Private Browsing mode in FF 50? In order for the extension to work properly, you will have to disable this Permanent Private Browsing mode for now. This mode is affecting all extensions, not just Norton.

This link will tell you how to disable and enable this mode.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-use-firefox-without-history#w_can-i-set-firefox-to-always-use-private-browsing

Mozilla is working on a fix for this. Don't know just how long it will take Mozilla to fix it. It may become part of FF50 or they may wait for FF51.

Thanks.

Kudos0

That works. I am now using Firefox 50 without problems. I was using 'Forget Browsing History' which probably amounts to the same thing as private browsing.

Kudos0

I spoke too soon. The fix seems to work but there is now another problem. I am no longer able to access my login links and details from the main Norton Identity Safe window. It informs me that 'You are protected' and that 'Your identity is safe' but when I click on the Identity tab and then on Identity Safe nothing happens. The same for ID Settings and Statistics.

How can I access my login details?

Kudos0

Another problem. NIS no longer stores new login details. I am now having to enter all details by hand every time I attempt to access a new site that requires a login - which kind of defeats the whole idea.

Help, please.

Kudos0

I also had the Firefox 50 and NIS incompatibility issue. It didn't matter what i did I always got a blank screen after NIS tried to open the vault. I have re-installed Firefox 49.0.2 and it is working fine so clearly an ongoing issue with Firefox 50.. If you have the similar issues then i advise getting off Firefox 50 and reverting to 49.0.2.

Kudos0

@Sunil_GA30  Here is the adblock screen shot requested.  Others, Norton has been reaching out to me for further details to debug, hopefully will be solved soon

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

mrob: If you have the similar issues then i advise getting off Firefox 50 and reverting to 49.0.2.

Running an older version of Firefox may put your system at risk. Mozilla patches security vulnerabilities that are found in the browser regularly, which may mean that you are running a version of the browser that is vulnerable to certain attack forms. 

Kudos0

Hello Sunil

Here is a post for you.

@Sunil_GA

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.