• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Identity Safe in Norton 360--How to Create Account in Cloud?

I have been a Norton 360 user for years, mainly for anti-virus, firewall, etc. I would now like to begin using Identity Safe as I have purchased a new laptop and am unable to use my previous password manager for a variety of reasons.

I have set up a local profile in Identity Safe (Identity Safe is contained within Norton 360) and am using it. It seems to have one or two issues, but is working fine for the most part. Now I would like to create the ability to access my data in the cloud so I can retrieve it when I travel. The primary objective is to be able to access the data via another PC, although iPad access would be nice and I know there is an app for this function.

I cannot find a way to create an account in the cloud. Do I create another profile (non-local) in Identity Safe, export my existing data from the local profile and then import it into the new profile? If so, how do I get this to a Norton online account which I have not yet created? Will setting up a new profile give me an option to create an online account and upload my data to this account?

Thanks for any advice. I am running Windows 8 and IE 10 on this laptop.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity Safe in Norton 360--How to Create Account in Cloud?

Hi ravenchance,

Have a look here:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v64621170_identity_safe_standalone_1_en_us

Please be advised that since you mention Local Vault, that if you select the option to Sync Data Online you will lose your Local Vault. 

Also what is the version of N 360 you are running?  From main page of N 360 select Support and then About and it will give you the version number.

Kudos0

Thanks. Version is 20.4.0.40. I receive from Comcast, my ISP.

Also, the article does not seem to apply. I must log in to this profile with my existing password. Using an email address, I cannot access. Do I need to establish a new profile?

Thanks.

Kudos1 Stats

ravenchance wrote:

Thanks. Version is 20.4.0.40. I receive from Comcast, my ISP.

Also, the article does not seem to apply. I must log in to this profile with my existing password. Using an email address, I cannot access. Do I need to establish a new profile?

Thanks.

You are absolutely correct, the article does not apply, because the Comcst Norton Securtiy Suite can not have an Online vault. 

That program is limited to a Local Vault only.

The Comcast version is basically a clone of N 360 - but does have some differences, one of which you discovered.

I'm sorry, but other than going to a retail version of Norton, there is no way to get an Online Vault with Comcast's offering.

Kudos0

What about downloading the free-standing version of Identity Safe from Norton which I think is free? Or would there be a conflict with Norton 360?

Thanks.

Kudos1 Stats

ravenchance wrote:

What about downloading the free-standing version of Identity Safe from Norton which I think is free? Or would there be a conflict with Norton 360?

Thanks.

Been there, done that!  You can not do that as the stand Alone checks and sees that you have a Norton Product installed and thinks it is a retail copy - thus it will not permit the install.  Even if you can get it to download, you'll see this when you run the download.

Kudos0

Thanks. One final question (I hope). I see that Norton Studio is a Windows 8 app. It is already loaded on my laptop. If I register for an account through that app, are there any benefits? Or would there be a conflict with Norton 360?

Thank.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Here is the information about Norton Studio.  Please note there are addtional links at the bottom of the page pertaining to more info about Norton Studo.

If you check it out closely you willsee you are reuired to have a Norton Account (which you do not have with Comcast NSS) and also must be able to Manage Norton via Norton Management.  NSS can not be managed via Norton Management, as once again does not have a Norton Account.

I amnot a Win 8 user and really do not totally understand the reasoning for Studio???  Perhaps someone else will add more info about Studion - but the bottom line remains - it is not useable with Comcast's NSS.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.