• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Identity safe website on iOS 13.1

I can no longer access my norton identity safe vault on the free program on the web.  I get error messages and am told that I need to download the application.  I don’t have room on my iPad to do that,  does anyone know what might be wrong?  I am on the phone now with tech support but they only support paying subscription users.  Thank you

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity safe website on iOS 13.1

Hi feigede,

Are you by chance referring to the Stand Alone Identity Safe program?

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/standalone-version-norton-identit...

Kudos0

No.  just the regular website version of identity safe  at no charge    the login is identitysafe.norton.com

I get to my log in but no longer can get to the vault password online.  It tells me to download the application.

Kudos0

Same for me too.

Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".
Kudos0

Can you verify your IOS version? AFAIK the latest is 11.4

The ID Safe app for IOS is at v 5.0.197

The web site for ID Safe now takes you to https://my.norton.com/extspa/idsafe  which is part of your Norton Account web site. I was just able to sign into that site and view my passwords.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Using the latest iOS & latest ID safe I see a Norton ‘box’ which is to download ID safe.

Even if I use the Edge browser on my iPad it shows the same.

Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".
Kudos0

I see what you are saying now. When you log into the Identity Safe web site on an IOS device, the only thing you see is the download button. Even tapping on My Norton, getting the main Norton Account page, then tapping on the ID Safe icon, you go back to just the download button page.

I'll see if I can get some information on this.

EDIT

I just tested and this also happens on Android devices.

Kudos0

My problem just got worse.  I got a message on my iphone to resync my vault with my PC vault  I made a dumb mistake and used the same vault password.  It overrode all 49 passwords and now I have none on my vault.  I do have a backup file but on my PC but don't know how to load it to my vault.  Can anyone help!!!

Kudos0

feigede:

My problem just got worse.  I got a message on my iphone to resync my vault with my PC vault  I made a dumb mistake and used the same vault password.  It overrode all 49 passwords and now I have none on my vault.  I do have a backup file but on my PC but don't know how to load it to my vault.  Can anyone help!!!

Log into your vault on your PC using the main Norton Security interface. Then click on the gear icon at the bottom of the screen to open the ID Safe settings. Click the Import/Export tab, then click Import. Choose the backed up vault data file stored on your PC and that should import those logins to your vault. 

As long as you are using the same vault on both the PC and the iPhone, they should now both show all logins.

Kudos0

thank you for your reply.  I only have a trial subscription for Norton Identity Safe.  I don't see the import/Export tab when i log into my vault.  it appears as if I can no longer download just the Identity Safe application as a free trial.  I am willing to pay for a subscription to get back my lost (hopefully temporarily) passwords but am not sure what app to be downloading?  Is Identity safe now embedded in some other app?  The application Norton Security has something called LifeLock Identity theft protection but I can't seem to find 

Kudos0

sorry message cut off - I can't seem to find the identity safe vault application anywhere.  I managed to find a number of my passwords from google chrome which has saved them, but I still need my notes and other passwords within Norton vault.  Thank you for more help 

Kudos0

please tell me what versions you are using of ios and ID safe.  

Kudos0

The Import/Export tabs are found if you use a Norton Security product on your PC. Identity Safe is included with those security products. The offer you see for LifeLock is just combining a Norton Security product with the LifeLock credit monitoring service. If you purchase that product you will receive instructions on how to sign up for LifeLock.

Norton Identity Safe is a free app for mobile devices, IOS and Android. You mention you do not have enough room on the iPad to install. You can still log into your vault using a browser on any device.    Log into your vault at  https://my.norton.com/extspa/idsafe   You can access and edit your logins and notes from that site.

Kudos0

thanks for sticking with me on this problem.  It seems as if the only way i will see the import/export data tab is if I have the full paid subscription for Norton security and not only the free trial for Identity safe on one of my IOS browsers.  Can you please confirm that?  At this point in time all I want to do is restore my backup data which has all my passwords and notes from the vault.   I managed to make a dumb mistake and lose them all on my browser copy of my vault.  I created a back up copy of my vault with the level two Norton technician.  We were trying to install a new copy of the Vault on my Windows computer to see if that would solve my original problem (which it didn't).  Then I was sent a notice on my IOS devices to sync with my windows version of Identity Safe (which then had ALL my information nicely stored in the vault).  I made a dumb operator error and used the same password to restore the information.  IT THEREFORE COPIED OVER ALL MY INFORMATION IN THE VAULT WHEN IT SYNCED and so I had zero passwords.   I am hoping that i can use the backup file to restore all my information into the vault but I can't seem to access the file from the web version of Identity Safe.  I can no longer downlown a free trial subscription of Identity Safe.  I am willing to pay for Norton Security but I WANT TO BE SURE THAT I WILL GET AN IDENTITY SAFE VAULT APPLICATION THAT WILL ALLOW BE TO IMPORT BY BACKUP DAT FILE AND RESTORE THE INFORMATION I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO.   I am still not clear if that is the case and what I need to buy?     thank you for your help. 

Kudos0

You are correct in your comment on not being able to import/export from the IOS app. One correction about the IOS app, it is not a trial, the app is free.

I managed to make a dumb mistake and lose them all on my browser copy of my vault.  I created a back up copy of my vault with the level two Norton technician.

If you lost your vault contents, and then made a backup of the vault, you would have backed up an empty vault. So you would have no useful backup.  How did the tech create this backup? Do you have a Norton Security subscription on your computer? With the stand alone version of ID Safe discontinued, that is the only other way to access your backups.

Kudos0

I have heard from Norton, and apparently the recent redesign of the Norton ID Safe online web page is not compatible with mobile device browsers. That is why mobile users are taken to the download page for the ID Safe app for their device.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.