• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Images in Moderation Since 16-Oct-2014

Norton Forum Mods:

All of the .png images I've inserted in my posts in the Norton Community since the afternoon of 16-Oct-2014 still have an "Image in Moderation" placeholder, and several other users appear to be having the same problem.

See the later posts in waygirl's thread Norton 'maintenance' is blank, including waygirl's image here (16-Oct-2014 @ 10:19 PM) and my image here (17-Oct-2014 @ 8:41 AM) for examples.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Images in Moderation Since 16-Oct-2014

Hi Imacri,

I may have special privileges as a Guru that I am not aware of - who knows (?)  but I can see both of the images that you questioned.  I know in  the past Gurus had their images appear immediately without going thru moderation, but images from other users (such as you refer to), us Gurus could not see until they went thru moderation.

Could it be your location?  I am in the states in Mississippi?

I agree it certainly slows down your outstanding assistance.

Kudos0

Hi yank:

Thanks for the follow up.  I'm located in Manitoba, Canada.

I just saw Aposotolos' and avjohnnie's 20-Oct-2014 posts here in the thread New MalwareBytes MBAM v.2.0.3.1025 version complaining about the same problemApostolos' image here in that thread was posted last Friday and also has an Image in Moderation placeholder when I try to view it, and it doesn't matter if I'm logged in or logged out of my account.

You might be right that this is only an issue for non-gurus.

Kudos0

I can confirm the issue brought up by Imacri. The Gurus are given the special xray googles and have privilage to post images unmoderated. Also note that only image moderation is down, other forum moderation tasks are working okay.
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

Yup - The Image Moderation problem continues...

I've also noticed that there have been no postings by Norton Emps for several days (except for a few by Console_Ops for site verifications) and the Post/Blog by Mohan_G for the FF33 NTB update ... In other words folks, it's been "spooky silent" from the Norton camp for a while now, IMO...

I note too that starting with the last Forum "features tweak" that the "navigational" delays have sharply risen again...

I was going to PM Yank to see if he knew anything about what might be up, but based on his post here yesterday, I'm assuming that he's as much "in the dark" about this as the rest of us.

Cheers!

John

Kudos0

I too can only see the "Image in Moderation" placeholder in the links mentioned above.

Symantec:  you need to add sufficient staff to the pool of approvers so the time it takes for approval is measured in minutes and not days!!

Kudos0

Although Gurus may be able to post images with no delay, we still cannot see an image from 'regular' users until they have been moderated.

I have just tried all the links here, and see no images in moderation.

If you are still seeing this, try clearing your browser caches to see if that helps.

Also if you can list your browser and version used, it may help identify some browser specific problem.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Image in Moderation here and here and here

FF33 sandboxed ...so, I have no cache to clear
and I've viewed same from FF not sandboxed

It's a Guru power?

Kudos0

Ok guys & ladies,

This site is so perfect so it must certainly be a problem at users end!! , and of course deleting our browser's cache(s) will make everything work here properly, human resources included.

I'm seeing this problem with all browsers 32 & 64 bit, (even NS unsupported ones), so I must have a serious problem with all my browsers, I'm looking into right now...

By the way, if everything here worked as it should, Admins would already reply and took care of the issue, (if possible at this time),  just my humble opinion.

I never saw an image getting one week to be approved, unless it is examined pixel by pixel...

Cheers,

Kudos3 Stats

Thanks for reporting this issue guys.

I've opened a development ticket to investigate.

Kevin

Kudos0

Thank you Kevin, that's good news!

Regards,

Kudos0

You may discover that you're being a bit presumptuous with your observation Peter ...

Everything may look okay to you and to the other Gurus, Admins, Mods, etc., but not so for everyone else who's been trying to use the forums...

Regards,

John

Edit - Sorry; While I was working to create the above "capture" and this rebuttal post I see that the problem we lessor-echelons have been dealing with for days now was realized...

Kudos0

Thanks Kevin,

Hoping that the issue will be resolved very soon.
This problem is preventing members of the forum to provide effective support!

Sandro
Kudos1 Stats

I should add that I was able to see guru yank's image here of the Comcast NSS interface as soon as it was posted on 24-Oct-2014 @ 9:24 AM.  As far as I can tell, only images posted by non-gurus (including myself) since 16-Oct-2014 appear with an Image in Moderation placeholder.

Kudos0

As far as I can tell, only images posted by non-gurus (including myself) since 16-Oct-2014 appear with an Image in Moderation placeholder.

This is the extra power that Gurus have, they do not have any Image in Moderation, nor when they post as well when they need to see images of ordinary users, like you, me and other non-Gurus who can only see their own pictures 

Sandro
Kudos0

This is the extra power that Gurus have, they do not have any Image in Moderation, nor when they post as well when they need to see images of ordinary users, like you, me and other non-Gurus who can only see their own pictures 

Hi Sandro_cm:

Are you able to view any images you posted after 16-Oct-2014?  Every image I've posted since 17-Oct-2014 still has an Image in Moderation placeholder when I try to view it.  The next time you post an image, go back and check to see if your own image is still visible after the 60 min edit period for your post has expired.

Kudos0

Hi Sandro_cm:

Are you able to view any images you posted after 16-Oct-2014?  Every image I've posted since 17-Oct-2014 still has an Image in Moderation placeholder when I try to view it.  The next time you post an image, go back and check to see if your own image is still visible after the 60 min edit period for your post has expired.

Same here... still in moderation 

Regards,

Kudos0

Are you able to view any images you posted after 16-Oct-2014?

No One!

The next time you post an image, go back and check to see if your own image is still visible after the 60 min edit period for your post has expired.

I'm posting by adding an image to test, then we'll see what happens

Sandro
Kudos0

Picture posted!
For now, "Image in Moderation"

Let's wait and see what will be after one hour

edit:

Picture posted was my NIS GUI that shows "22 days remaining"

Sandro
Kudos0

Just to show that Gurus can't see everything, I thought it said 23 days.  

Mike
Kudos1 Stats

Hi Imacri,

It's been over 4 hours since I sent the message 25-Oct-2014 | 9:55 AM and the image is still in Moderation, unfortunately.
So, I assume that the development ticket opened by Kevin has not yet been taken over by the developers or at least they are still working for a fix.

Sandro
Kudos0

Well, that could also be that it was Saturday for us, and things take a bit longer on a Saturday. But you see it now, right?

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Sorry Tony - Still not showing...

Refer to the attached PDF for what we're still (not) seeing at our end...

Kind regards,

John

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Image in Moderation here and here and here

Kudos0

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Kudos0

Hi Tony:

Like avjohnnie and bjm_, I'm still seeing Image in Moderation placeholders for images posted by non-gurus in this thread.

In the thread I mentioned in my original post, Norton 'maintenance' is blank, I can see the images of the Performance graph and Norton tasks that waygirl posted here on 16-Oct-2014 @ 4:27 PM in the first post of that thread.  However, her next image (presumably her system specs) posted here on 16-Oct-2014 @ 10:19 PM still has an Image in Moderation placeholder, so the problem seems to have started the evening of 16-Oct-2014.

I'm located in Manitoba, Canada (CDT, GMT -0500).

Kudos0

You may discover that you're being a bit presumptuous with your observation Peter ...

You are right John. Sorry.

I was making assumptions based on what I was seeing and what we used to have.

I tried logging out and I see that your images are in moderation. I see Kevin has picked up the ball and with the examples given here, he should be able to figure it out soon....We hope.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

peterweb wrote:

I was making assumptions based on what I was seeing and what we used to have.

No worries Peter - I've certainly done this some myself recently as well...

In the meantime -- as a workaround: If one of my posts needs an image, I just convert it to a PDF and attach it to the post. After all; where there's a will, there's a way! 

Cheers!

John

Kudos1 Stats

Just noticed that the images posted by non-gurus dating back to 16-Oct-2014 have finally appeared in the forum.  Before I mark this thread as solved, are any other non-gurus still seeing the Image in Moderation placeholders?

Kudos0

The three I pointed to here are now showing Image 

Kudos0

HI bjm_

Thanks for the feedback.  At least we're making progress.

I just noticed that I still can't view RustyHightower's four images posted 24-Oct-2014 in the thread N360 quarantined xul.dll (Firefox 36.0a1), so perhaps a full solution is still pending.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi all, Progresses confirmed ;-)
Sandro
Kudos0

Sandro:

Are you able to see the images here?

Imacri is not able to see those images (see post above) and I cannot see those images ... so progress is being made, but problem apparently is not fully resolved.

Kudos0

No geek47, there are progresses but the issue is not totally fixed yet. :P

edited:

Sorry guys, I just got home. I had posted this message from my smartphone and I replied hastily.
It would seem that images that are still in Moderation are the most recent sent, if I'm not saying wrong.
You noticed this as well?

Sandro
Kudos0

FWIW, I'm now seeing all of my previously posted (and heretofore "In Moderation") images...

Kudos1 Stats

Whatever was done to reveal those various "long in moderation" images, it seems to have been only a quick "stop-gap" or "band-aid" to the actual underlying problem.  I'm still seeing much longer (than previous) times on newly posted images...  i.e.:

https://community.norton.com/comment/6010011#comment-6010011

https://community.norton.com/forums/what-went-wrong-0

Kudos0

Yeah, very strange. Our image moderation queue is empty. Kevin is still working on this one; the last push was to clear out the backlog and monitor what happens from this point forward. Thanks.

Kudos0

Thanks Guys...

Kudos0

I saw several instances of this issue (images in moderation) in the Norton Security Forum today .... in new threads started today.
Kudos0

AFAIK, this issue is more or less in all forums, anyone can deny what was said.

Sandro
Kudos0

Image in Moderation Posted: 29-Oct-2014 | 8:51PM • Permalink 

Image in Moderation Posted: 30-Oct-2014 | 12:11PM • Permalink

Kudos0

Image in Moderation Posted: 01-Nov-2014 | 8:59AM Permalink

Sandro
Kudos0

Tony/Kevin: now that you have cleared out the backlog and observed what happens with newly posted images that go into moderation .... are you any closer to determining the root cause of this problem?
Kudos2 Stats

We're a bit closer. The "push" was to take care of what was not visible, so we could start from scratch. There's a difference between "something happened" and "we are able to consistently get this thing to happen with a set of steps". We haven't been able to reproduce this behavior on our production site, but we have on our staging site. I'd consider that within the realm of "closer" ;) Thanks.

Kudos0

Thanks Tony for keeping us updated,

Sandro
Kudos0

Image in Moderation ~ Posted: 02-Nov-2014 | 12:05AM • Permalink

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Alrighty, can you check again? On my test accounts I'm able to see all the images, and this overall problem should be fixed, but I want your feedback on whether it's actually fixed. Thanks.

Kudos0

Hi Tony:

I noticed this afternoon that new images posted by non-Gurus were only in moderation for a short period, so there's definitely an improvement.  I'll post a test image here and wait for feedback from some of the other non-Gurus participating in this thread, and if everything looks okay I'll mark this topic as solved.

-------------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 33.0 * IE 9.0 * NIS 2013 v. 20.5.0.28
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Kudos0

Hi Imacri, . . Well, I think we must wait till the sun rise at pacific area. I cannot view your image, even after log out and back in. Also this post by elsewhere too : https://community.norton.com/comment/6033471#comment-6033471 . . . . .
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

I cannot see image ... all I see is a place-holder saying "Image in Moderation".

Tony: do you have a "test" account that was only recently created (with credentials other than yours)? Perhaps your test accounts all have some special permissions that a newbie account would not have ... and that is what is allowing you to see recently posted images. Perhaps it's the server where your test account(s) are hosted?

Kudos0

I C Imacri Image ~ Posted: 10-Nov-2014 | 9:50PM • Permalink
I C elsewhere Image ~ Posted: 10-Nov-2014 | 7:27PM • Permalink
The elves were working over night
Thnx