• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Installing copy of Norton 2008 previously installed on another machine but removed

Can I install Norton IS 2008 on my computer if it was previously installed on another computer but removed. A friend gave his original copy and product key. He said he didn't like it and did not want to renew it after it expired. Is the product key still valid since it expired on his computer.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Installing copy of Norton 2008 previously installed on another machine but removed

Can I install Norton IS 2008 on my computer if it was previously installed on another computer but removed. A friend gave his original copy and product key. He said he didn't like it and did not want to renew it after it expired. Is the product key still valid since it expired on his computer.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Installing copy of Norton 2008 previously installed on another machine but removed

You can install it only if it has valid subscription. If subscription is expired, you need to purchase subscription renewal.

--Vinod

Kudos0

Hi Adam, 

Download NIS 09 15 days trial from the webpage & try activating using the expired key.  If you are able to activate successfully, renew the product to get valid subscription (Renewal is slightly cheaper than new purchase). If you are not able to activate with the available key, purchase a new key via “buy a new key” link from the product

Thanks

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.