• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Installing NIS 2011 on a Laptop?

Hello,

I have a three licence NIS 2011 installed on two home pc's and would like to use the remaining key and put the security suite on my other son's laptop. My question is, do I install the normal suite that I already use or is there a different one for a laptop. May sound a silly question but want to make sure so I don't have any untoward problems later.

He has W7  64 bit Home Prem.

I have a Greek licence key so we would need the English version to download for him! At the moment he is using AVG Free, Malewarebytes Free and SuperAntispyware Free. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Installing NIS 2011 on a Laptop?

Hello,

I have a three licence NIS 2011 installed on two home pc's and would like to use the remaining key and put the security suite on my other son's laptop. My question is, do I install the normal suite that I already use or is there a different one for a laptop. May sound a silly question but want to make sure so I don't have any untoward problems later.

He has W7  64 bit Home Prem.

I have a Greek licence key so we would need the English version to download for him! At the moment he is using AVG Free, Malewarebytes Free and SuperAntispyware Free. 

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

HI Brummie

It will work fine on your son's laptop and you can activate it using your current key. Download the English NIS2011 from here.

www.norton.com/nis11

You should uninstall the AVG software to avoid any conflicts with NIS. SAS and MBAM are OK. You should do an normal uninstall of AVG from the control panel and then run the AVG removal tool that you can get from here

http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-tools

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Hi mdturner,

Thanks very much, will do that later and download from the link you provided.

Will also use the other link you also provided for the AVG removal tool. Saves me having to go searching around.

Have a good day.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.