• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Internet Security 2014 gave me option to leave my old settings yet none of them are there

I just installed 2014 and it doesnt have ANY of my old info. I have to put it all back in? I picked the option to retain my data. Where is it? If I have to put all my old passwords and credit cards in I am going to be very upset and this will be the last year for Norton.

Thank you

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Internet Security 2014 gave me option to leave my old settings yet none of them are there

reptileszz wrote:

I just installed 2014 and it doesnt have ANY of my old info. I have to put it all back in? I picked the option to retain my data. Where is it? If I have to put all my old passwords and credit cards in I am going to be very upset and this will be the last year for Norton.

Thank you

Hi,

Afterr the install completed did you reboot? The system needs a reset to be able to reconnect with the existing data.

Keep us posted

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Re: Internet Security 2014 gave me option to leave my old settings yet none of them are there

Hi thank you. I solved this by having to install twice on all my machines. The first time it would always install just the identity protection after taking forever to install. 2nd time was the charm. And it never told me to reboot. Symantec dropped the ball on that one. I am fairly savvy. Not sure how normal people would install this successfully. But its all good now. Thank you for the reply.

Kudos0

Hi reptileszz,

As you are "farily savvy",  I find it strange that you were worried about losing your log-ins. 

There is an option to Export your log-ins and we recommend in both .csv and .dat format as a precaution - as in - just in case something goes worng with an upgrade/reinstall. 

The Identity Safe Data should be treated just like your other important files - backed up (Export/Import in the case of the Norton UI). 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.