• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

iobit software and norton 360 v4

while testing the 360 v4 on the beta there was a software clash on XP where both iobit security360 and also iobit ASC both disabled norton 360 v4 beta [no problem in norton 360 v3]

before i get the 360 v4 final can you confirm if the software clash with iobit has been fixed please [iobit support said they had liased with norton and that the final build of norton 360 v4 would OK]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: iobit software and norton 360 v4

duetto:

You will not be able to successfully run two similar products together on the same machine.  Antivirus software conflicts with each other because they both run in real-time, use heuristic detection, and can leave you far more vulnerable than if you just used one.

Most of the utilities are the same as well.  Iobit support was not telling you the truth of the matter, just telling you what you wanted to hear.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

iobit security 360 is just antispyware has no AV.

even

iobit advanced system care with no antispyware or AV Also disables norton

one worry is if a innocent program can do this how long will it take the bad guys to take advantage of whatever it is disabling norton products.

I am hoping someone from symantec can provide some answer/reply. As i mentioned I also took this up with iobit support who informed me they had liased with norton over this issue and had been told the final build would be ok.

Kudos0

I would also like an answer to this as I've used Advanced System Care for a number of years, not for the spyware protection but the other things it does. I uninstalled it as suggested when installing 360 v.4.

However, sice running my laptop without ASC and with 360 v.4 it's been eating up RAM at the moment an increase of 50% on the use before I installed v.4

Michael

Kudos0

IObit Security 360 is an advanced malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes the deepest infections, and protects your PC from various of potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers. With the unique "Dual-Core" engine and the heuristic malware detection, IObit Security 360 detects the most complex and deepest spyware and malware in a very fast and efficient way. IObit Security 360 has a real-time malware protection and frequent updating for prevention of zero-day security threats. Designed for Windows® 7, Vista™, XP and 2000 (32bit and 64bit), IObit Security 360 can work with your Antivirus for a superior PC security.

There are at least four ways to cause conflicts with any other antivirus product.

Iobit also has its own uninstaller.  If you did not use it, you may still have some conflicts happening.

http://wikisend.com/download/831346/advanced-uninstaller.exe

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

is there anyone who can contact symantec to see if this issue has been sorted or not, i deleted all iobit software to run the beta but now i have to make achoice about buying norton360v4 i would like to know where i stand with my paid for iobit software ASC & SECURITY 360 either one of which on its own auto disables norton in a software clash.

preveious versions of norton software were ok with iobit also in windows7 and vista the two are ok together it is just how norton360v4 runs in XP that causes the conflict.

Kudos0

This seems to be a new version of an old discussion where two competing products, one of them being Norton, cause a conflict. Whether or not the Norton product is the one to keep is a personal judgement, however I've found over the years that having two similar internet security products installed, regardless of whether one explicitly tells you or performs some action to prove that it cannot co-exist with the other, is a bad idea. There is at least one other program from Tuneup (which you can try for free)  that competes with iobit ASC that I've used successfully with Norton Internet Security 2009 and 2010 and N360 v3-v4, however you've paid for your iobit software so it seems to me that you'll have to decide whether investing in additional replacement software is worthwhile, based on what you've seen from Norton - although again, my experience is that you'll have to completely remove the iobit software in order to properly test the Norton software.

Kudos0

People always come up with the same old old story about problems !!!!! I've used more than one program for years without any troubles until every new version of Norton and then they fix it when enough people moan about it. All anybody says is could or may and nobody has come up with a good reason not to use more than one.

I have spoken with Norton and Webroot (not IOBIT) engineers who have both said it is not a problem so I know who I will believe and take advice from.

I even ran the god of all antimalware scans Malewarebytes and Superantispyware and they found no infections on my laptop. The only thing SAS did was to remove a perfectly reliable piece of software I used.

Strange that I have used the internet for nearly 15 years and never had any sort of infection install on my computers, never had to do system reinstalls because of malware and I've not always been as careful as I should have been, so i must be doing something right.

Kudos0

still waiting for a reply from symantec. hoping its not in the too difficult box.

do they read the forums? if not can some one point to this post please.

Kudos0

Hi duetto,

I logged your concerns from the public beta:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360-4-0-Public-Beta/build-117-amp-iobit-security-360/m-p/181516

Our team is aware of the compatibility issues, and are re-evaluating how the products work together. No changes have been made since the time of your post to the Public Beta forums, but we are working on it.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Tony thanks for making it clear, I saw that the final build shows build 127 so I presume no changes made since last beta.

[Enjoyed the bate testing, looking forward to the fix whenever it comes so i can put iobit back on the pc with norton in XP]

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.