I have 3 Iphones that connect to my Norton Core. 2 of them don't show Norton Security installed and 1 does. How do I get the others to show that Norton Security is installed.
Where should I tap? Its been longer than 24hrs since they were installed.
The thing is the devices don't appear there. So I don't have option of on clicking "I Have Norton Security Installed".
Are they listed under "Devices" ? When you click on them, are they "Managed"?
Yes, Managed is selected but the install Norton Security doesn't show.
This is more out of curiosity. What status do they show on https://my.norton.com/ ? Do they show as Norton Security is installed?
Under My Norton if click on my devices it shows all 3 of my iphones and their device names but on My subscriptions if I click on Manage Licenses it will show the devices again but with Apple IPhone as the device names and not the name of the devices. I wonder if this could be the problem.
Just a thought. Apologies if this is not what you need. Did you try to update the devices' names under My Device? I had a similar issue where few of my devices were given the same generic name automatically, as if not detecting each device. I also had to switch off one of the laptop to find out which one was now 'offline'.
First, and from your devices itself, you have to get the 'device name' from Settings/About/Device Name (this is Android jargon) so it is easier for you to recognize which one is which.
Second, from the My Devices in your Norton Account, find the little black pen to 'rename device'. It's on the right side of your screen just next to the 'Delete device' icon.
Hope this is the information you were looking for. Let us know if you need further support.
Hi Gwen, I think I have solved my problem but I believe it is a bug with DHCP. I reset my router and discovered what my problem appears to be. It seems to be a problem with duplicate IP addresses being assigned. I noticed that the device had the problem had the same IP as one that was previously on my network, so it wasn't being recognized correctly. After resetting the router and adding some devices everything was identified correctly until my wife got home. When I added her IPhone to the network it wasn't being identified correctly. When I checked her IP address was the same as my SmartTV that was now on the previously on the network. After the SmartTV joined the network it got a new IP address and my wife's IPhone was eventually identified correctly. Iphones apparently don't like changing their IPs when they rejoin the network (I tried previously to renew their lease but it wasn't working). I believe their is a problem with IPs being duplicated with devices that were previously on the network maybe you can get this to support. I created a post about this a couple of days ago with no response.
Thanks for your help.
If you are experiencing an issue that needs urgent assistance please visit our customer support area:
There are currently 3 users online.