• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

itunes won't download since upgrading Norton 360 premier 22.5.2.15

After installing Norton 360 premier to the 22.5.2.15 level, when I try to go to the Apple support site and select "download iTunes", I immediately get the "thank you screen for downloading iTunes", but nothing downloads, no messages, warnings, nothing. I have done the complete uninstall of iTunes as provided at the iTunes site and get the same results. Prior to this level or Norton, I had no trouble with iTunes downloads or updates.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: itunes won't download since upgrading Norton 360 premier 22.5.2.15

Um, is this the site > http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Now that you’ve downloaded iTunes, you’re just a few steps away from starting a digital entertainment collection and enjoying it on your Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, or iPod.

Kudos0

yes

Kudos0

Hello

Unfortunately, it will not work with an iPod. There is a very long thread about it in the Norton Security Forum. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

jlwegman:

After installing Norton 360 premier to the 22.5.2.15 level, when I try to go to the Apple support site and select "download iTunes", I immediately get the "thank you screen for downloading iTunes", but nothing downloads, no messages, warnings, nothing.

Hi jlwegman:

This is a common problem when downloading the iTunes installer from Apple's official iTunes download site at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ - see MiVoce's thread iTunesSetup.exe Won't Download in the iTunes for Windows forum for one example. I've had the same problem as you for a few years now and I'm immediately re-directed to the "Thank you for downloading iTunes" page when I attempt the download from Firefox, but I'm able to complete the download from that same download site if I use IE9.

Your original post has a label of "Internet Explorer" so I'll assume that IE is your default browser.  Do you have another browser like Chrome or Firefox to see if the download works with another browser?  If not, try the suggestions in turnigtest2's article Troubleshooting Issues with iTunes for Windows Updates in the section titled Further Information (e.g., clearing your browser cache, etc.).  There are also direct download links to the latest 32-bit and 64-bit iTunes installers in that section of his article that might work for you.

EDIT:

I don't know if this is relevant, but I forgot to mention that Apple no longer supports Win XP and Vista and iTunes v12.1.2 was the last update released for these operating systems.
-------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 39.0 * NIS 2014 v. 21.7.0.11 * 32-bit iTunes v. 12.1.2

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.