• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Juniper Host Checker does not recognize Norton Security 22.9.0.71

Does anyone know if there is a compatiblity issue with the structure of the Virus Definition File when upgrading to Norton Security 22.9.0.71 .

Had a similar problem in the past with virsion 22.7.x.

Juniper Host Checker does not recognize the lastest update and issues an error, as if there is not valid Antivirus.

Worked fine 3 days ago before the last Norton live update.  

Need to know if there is a fix already available on the Juniper side.

Thank,

Eli

Labels: LiveUpdate, Virus

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Juniper Host Checker does not recognize Norton Security 22.9.0.71

You should contact Juniper and ask them. Or at least bring it to their attention.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Of course I will open a ticket with Juniper, but it will help to know if there are any relevant changes in this new release that did come out with some bugs. Last year we had an issue with a change in the Virus Definition file format and information presented here helped resolve the issue with the Juniper provider. 

Kudos1 Stats

Not sure what changes Juniper would look for, but one major change is that NS is now a native 64 bit program. 

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

If you have a 64 bit computer, your SDS definitions will now be given out in 64 bit for instead of 32 bit. I would guess that Juniper will have to check 2 locations to see if you have the SDS Definitions. That is unless they can tell what the bit is for your computer.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I think I can now explain to Juniper the nature of the problem.

Will update when they come out with the fix

Untill then, will stick to 22.8.x with manual virus definition update using intelligent updater and not live update.

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

You can try Intelligent Updater, That might also put it in the 64 bit place. I don't know if you can just use the 32 bit version instead of 64 bit if you are 64 bit. You can try and see what happens.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I uninstalled and downloaded the last download version which is 22.8.x and works fine.

Kudos0

Hello

Did you use the Remove and Reinstall Tool? If you did, that will give you the 22.8, but Live Update will update you back to 22.9. That is unless they pull it, but I haven't heard yet that it was pulled. Try the Intelligent Updater and see if that was changed yet. Perhaps it wasn't changed yet since the Remove and Reinstall Tool wasn't updated yet. Keep an eye on it and see if it gets updated back to 22.9.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello,

Yes, I followed this path and turned off Live Update and will update manually using Intellegent Updater.

Kudos0

Update on the above.

Juniper 3.08 should resolve this issue.

However, when I tuened Live Update on, the issue was resolved even on Juniper 3.07.

Could it be that Norton Security 22.9.0.71 does not force using the 64 bit virus definition file due to step by step rollout of the change, or some compatibilty mode?

I should mention that it took several updates to get it to work both on my desktop, which was on 22.9.0.71 all the time, and on my laptop, where I resinstalled 22.8 and yesterday upgraded to 22.9 by turning on Live Update.

Eli

Kudos0

Good to know it is working again.

If you have just done the update to 22.9, then the graduated rollout is finished. It is fully available everywhere now. If you are using a 64 bit OS, Norton will use all the new 64 bit programming as soon as you update.

Kudos0

Hello  Eli Raban

Just to let you know that version 22.9.1.12 has just started to be released in a phased in manner like usual. Thanks.

@Eli Raban

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.