• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Large and Growing N360 file

I am using the latest version of N360 on XP SP3.  I have a large (about 200M) N360 file growing on the computer.  I have observed that even being offline and executing file searches on the computer add to the file size.  The filename is MrClean and is located in the folder NCW.  Is this file recording all file searches and etc.?  Can I do anything about the size of this file?

Also, I have observed another file called Performance in the same folder that is over 50M.  Do I need to do something about this file too?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Large and Growing N360 file

I am using the latest version of N360 on XP SP3.  I have a large (about 200M) N360 file growing on the computer.  I have observed that even being offline and executing file searches on the computer add to the file size.  The filename is MrClean and is located in the folder NCW.  Is this file recording all file searches and etc.?  Can I do anything about the size of this file?

Also, I have observed another file called Performance in the same folder that is over 50M.  Do I need to do something about this file too?

Kudos2 Stats

a123 wrote:

Hi a123

These files are part of Norton Community Watch.

You could check the post by Yogesh_Mohan in this thread

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Large-files-in-quot-All-users-Application-Data-NCW-quot/td-p/221404

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

I checked the Norton 360 settings and Norton Community Watch is still disabled.  Do these files grow with Norton Community Watch disabled?

Kudos0

a123 wrote:

I checked the Norton 360 settings and Norton Community Watch is still disabled.  Do these files grow with Norton Community Watch disabled?

Hi a123

I believe so. All that setting does is prevent submission of the files to Symantec. Did you check to see what was in the Community Watch History and if there was anything there did you delete the entries?

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

There are no entries in the history for Community Watch.  Any suggestions?

Kudos0

Hi a123

Since the post from Roy Fine indicated that they should not be deleted then the only suggestion I have would be to enable Community Watch which should allow the entries to, eventually, be uploaded to Symanyec and then they should appear in History where they could be deleted.

Kudos0

Thanks for your help

Earlier today, I chatted online with Norton Support and I have a better understanding of the file now.  I do not need to enable Community Watch.  If I recall correctly, the file is a source for comparing what is on my computer regarding Trusted files and virus defs versus the Symantec servers.  In my opinion, this explains why the file is growing when one considers the daily definition updates.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.