• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Latest 15/5 Liveupdate causes system instability m

Hi, Since Friday i have been trying to make a clean install of windows 10 and it have worked semi-well until today. When updating norton via liveupdate my system becomes very unstable and slow. Also, when downloading common files like the installer for Chrome, norton security does not scan the file and just says it's uncommon (!) Because I've been doing installs and reinstalls during all weekend I can tell something is bugged with today's update. Up until yesterday Norton always prompted "apply Patch" during liveupdate. That does not happen now. I run liveupdate; it downloads and installs 15 files and the finishes, but if I run LU again, there's five more files that LU downloads and installs. Is this some desperate attempt to stop WannaCry? And make ppls systems even more unstable. During my work as an IT technician it's always Norton or Windows update that causes crashes and forces me to start all over with a clean OS install. Always.....
Labels: LiveUpdate

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Latest 15/5 Liveupdate causes system instability m

I'm referring to the v22.9.3.13 update. Still issues.
Kudos0

Re: Latest 15/5 Liveupdate causes system instability m

Start by running LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available.

A couple of extra system restarts may help. Especially as you have also reinstalled Windows. 

You might also think about disabling Windows Fast Startup feature. It can interfere with allowing apps and Windows itself to fully update running system files.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.