• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

LiveUpdater with 360 V3 & First Impression

I have a ?.  How do you run an Express LiveUpdater (luall in version 2) in 360 v3.  I prefer running the LiveUpdater manually and where I can see what is being updated.

My first impression of 360 v3 running with XP Pro is good.  I like the subscription status indicator and the security history views.  Concerning the history views -  Can you only delete all the logs and not just a particular log or entry?

I would like more explanation on Norton Insight.

Another ?:  Is it normal to have the registry cleaner turned off, but the program still executes when you run a comprehensive scan?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: LiveUpdater with 360 V3 & First Impression

Check this article for more information on Norton Insight.

Also visit this Norton Protection blog .

Vineeth

Kudos0

Re: LiveUpdater with 360 V3 & First Impression

a123 wrote:

I have a ?.  How do you run an Express LiveUpdater (luall in version 2) in 360 v3.  I prefer running the LiveUpdater manually and where I can see what is being updated.

[ ... ]

As in NIS/NAV 2009 the LiveUpdater is fully integrated into the application and it only checks for and installs what relates to the specific application. This makes it much slimmer, faster and, probably, accurate.

Check out HELP on Updates (I'm not in N360 at this moment so I can't check the exact wording) including Pulse Updates.

You can force a Live update at any time you want -- on some pages you may see Update now in blue while on the Home Page if you move your mouse pointer over the left hand section you will see some options appear including LiveUpdate.

However I think you will find that when you run Live Update it will tell you about the different stages of looking, downloading, installing but then just say it's completed. I don't think the Details view is there anymore.

I think it's a pity but in a sense while it was nice to see the different bits that had been downloaded it didn't affect the end result -- unlike the former Live Update you could not select bits and pieces.

If Norton 360 is the ony Norton application you have installed then do check in Control Panel that Symantec Live Update no longer appears there as an item and also check Remove Programs that it does not appear there. If it does then uninstall it to avoid conflicts -- but only if you don't have another application like GHOST or Save & Restore.

Hope that helps -- stick with Vineeth and others on the other points you raised.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.