Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Location Awareness and 'lazy fetch'
A pop-up window with the following message has been consistently appeared when I've attempted to access "Location Awareness":
An error occurred (Lazy fetch attempted on unknown value) trying to read or write the settings. Please try restarting your computer.
Re-starting has not helped.
Someone else reported the same issue within this Forum. The following solution was provided:
To reset the location awareness settings you'll need to use the command line. There is no way to do it from the Norton Firewall application.
1. Disable Location Awareness in the Norton Firewall application and restart your Mac.
2. Launch the Terminal application (in Applications -> Utilities).
3. Copy and paste the following:
sudo rm -f /Library/Application\ Support/Symantec/Settings/1/com.symantec.locationawareness*
Be sure to get everything, including the star.
4. Press return if required, and enter your password when prompted.
5. Launch the Norton Firewall application and re-enable Location Awareness. All of your locations will be gone, but you should not receive this error anymore. If you still have locations in your list, repeat theses steps, making sure all Norton applications are closed.
This has not solved the problem for me either.
I am running MacOS X 10.6.7 on a MacBook Pro.