• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Loss of Norton Toolbar in Outlook 2007

Has any solution been found for the loss of the Norton toolbar in Outlook 2007?

It used to be there but disappeared at some point.  I have looked around and seen various messages posted but none seem to solve the problem.  I have a laptop and desktop, both with Windows 7, NIS 21.3.0.12 and Outlook 2007.  The desktop has the toolbar OK but not the laptop.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Loss of Norton Toolbar in Outlook 2007

Hi JMB99, and welcome!

I've found an old post by victor_k Symantec Employee, from which I'm quoting below,  maybe it could be still worth giving it a try ?

"As people have already mentioned it in this thread, in Outlook 2007 the Trust Center should be used to enable disabled plugin:

1) Open the Outlook Trust Center from the menu (Tools | Trust Center...).

2) Click on the "Add-ins" tab. You will see lists of Active Application Add-ins, Inactive Application Add-ins and Disabled Application Add-ins.

3) In the combo-box on the bottom select "Disabled Items" and click "Go...".

4) Enable Norton AntiSpam Outlook Plugin from there." 

This is the link to the full post:  

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Still-no-toolbar-in-outlook-2007-after-installing-Norton-2010/m-p/150617/highlight/true#M75347

Hope that helps.

Keep us posted.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Sorry for the delay, I had looked at Add-ins before but missed the inactive Norton anti-virus.  I seem to have it working again now with the toolbar.

Thanks.

MB

Kudos0

Glad you got it sorted out, MB, and thank you for letting us know. 

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.