I have used "Manage Licenses" in the Subscription section of my.norton.com before to successfully remove stale or non-existent devices which were no longer using a license.
But if I try to use “Manage Licenses” to remove a device from the licenses list now, clicking the trash can icon next to the device name does present the prompt confirming you want to remove the license from the list, but confirming this prompt does not actually remove the license. No error message is presented, and the prompt goes away, but the device remains in the list.
Using Chrome’s developer tools I can see that confirming the “remove” prompt issues a https://webapps.norton.com/api/devices/deleteDeviceBySeatId request to Norton, which receives an HTTP 500 (internal server error) response back from the norton.com server.
This has been an ongoing issue for several months now. I have tried using an Incognito window to ignore any existing cookies or sessions, and I have also tried using a completely different computer and web browser which has never logged into my.norton.com before, so that existence of any existing cookies or other data is eliminated. The results are still the same.
So from my perspective, I need the back-line support for webapps.norton.com to investigate why HTTP 500 is being returned when trying to use the “Manage Licenses” list to remove a license from the list. This wasn't happening before, and is happening now.
Yes, I have contacted Norton support regarding this. Unfortunately, Norton support's information apparently directs them that "Amazon must manage this subscription", because the subscription was purchased from Amazon. That doesn't make sense to me, since Amazon doesn't have any visibility into the devices for which my Norton 360 subscription is being used. It's norton.com and my.norton.com which manages this information.
But I went ahead and contacted Amazon anyway since Norton support wasn't going to proceed. But of course Amazon doesn't have any way to administer this "Manage Licenses" list on my.norton.com. The only "manage license" capability that Amazon has is to associate my Norton.com account to my Amazon shopping account, in order to entitle and register me as having an active Norton 360 subscription.
Amazon does not have any visibility into which machines or devices my 10-user Norton 360 subscription is being used on. Never mind the fact that I've used "Manage Licenses" successfully on my.norton.com in the past, and the failure is only a recent issue.
I need help using the my.norton.com “Manage Licenses” list, same as any other Norton 360 customer who is using the “Manage Licenses” list on my.norton.com. Presumably it needs some kind of back-line or developer support investigation (not just a support agent clicking around on the same buttons that we already know don't work), to determine and resolve why HTTP 500 is being returned when attempting to use the “Manage Licenses” list.