• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Memory Leak in ccsvchst.exe Amazing, now to 963,144K of VM Memory!!!

Using: Product Name: Norton 360Version: 3.0.0.135

Norton is killing this computer BIG TIME...

Pentium 4 core 3.20GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM under XP version 2002 SP 3.

Where is the FIX to this??? Thanks. SF

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Memory Leak in ccsvchst.exe Amazing, now to 963,144K of VM Memory!!!

SlySly wrote:

Using: Product Name: Norton 360Version: 3.0.0.135

Norton is killing this computer BIG TIME...

Pentium 4 core 3.20GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM under XP version 2002 SP 3.

Where is the FIX to this??? Thanks. SF

I have a problem with my memory as well on my notebook, I cant understand why Norton say I'm low on ram,  I have 2 gig of ram and only Norton 360, malwarebytes and super anti spyware running on my computer, and nothing else. My desktop has got stacks of programs running on it and does not have a problem, and it only has 1 gig of memory, although no Norton 360 installed. I can't help feeling the low memory is due to Norton 360, but I don't know how I can find if it is the culprit, or maybe it is reading the memory wrong, I dont know, but I can't see why so much memory is being used.

Kudos0

No support at all on this one... something Symantec does not want to recognize maybe... 

Kudos0

Hi SlySly,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Would you be willing to get us some data from your machine when the memory issue happens? If so, I'll send you a PM detailing the steps. These steps will include installing debugging software from Microsoft.

In the meantime, can you please describe a little bit more as to when do you genrally see this issue?

- Right after your computer starts?

- Sometime after your computer starts? Do you recall anything specific done when you observe the memory issue?

- Do you have other security software installed as well?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Kudos0

Hi, thanks for taking care of this.

To answer your questions...

- When rebooting, the amount of VM used seems normal and it gets bigger and bigger with time (even when not using the computer), until I reboot the computer.  I'm not sure if this is happening since I'm using Norton Backup??

- No other security software installed.

Here are a bunch of screen shots where you can see the info on the process and software.

Let me know what else you need. Tnx SlySly

End of message...

[edit: Resized images.]

Message Edited by shannons on 08-29-2009 05:40 PM
Kudos0

No help here ??

The VM Memory size us growing up AFTER Norton Backup did it's thing... So, Norton Backup PROBLEM it looks like

Anyone can fix this??

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.