This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Miner stuck ! Mining at 310 hash rate no eth increase

Miner stuck and not increasing eth  for hours at 310 hash rate ! Restarted pc and updated did not help .

Labels: Miner, Mining

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Miner stuck ! Mining at 310 hash rate no eth increase

Here is a screen shot over a hour later and still stuck !

Kudos0

Turning off miner for now let me know when you fix the problem and well turn miner on . 

Kudos0

I noticed something similar. My PC has been hashing all night and zero change in Eth overnight last night, Dec 6. Desktop client shows hashing at 24.6 MH/s and the online portal shows 22.91 MH/s over night for the past 8 hrs and absolutely no change in Eth.

Kudos1 Stats

same here for me. from around 12am to 12pm GMT today. 

Kudos0

Yea i have the same issue

Kudos0

Have been monitoring the eth value since 06:30 GMT+1 today. So in a little over 6,5hrs. No increase...... 

Kudos0

Can confirm. My Norton Miner is no longer producing a balance after it runs for a substantial amount of time.

- restarted - cleared cache - uninstalled - reinstalled

Still nothing

Please fix.

Thank you.

Kudos0

Same here. No increase overnight.

Kudos0

mine is working again

Kudos0

Mine is working again also

Kudos0

It's working again for me as well and I am happy about it. So what has happened to all the Ethereum mined that my account has not been credited for?
Kudos0

I just verified, mine working again also.  As for the 'lost' ETH, just like back in late Sept-Oct when this happened a lot, that mining time is just lost.  We never did get any answer back then and never saw any 'jump' in ETH when it was called a 'display' issue at that time.  Unfortunately, the risk & cost of mining I guess.  A log may help us track those 'loss' times, hope we get one in near future.

Kudos0

Just turn miner on again and it is working now. I guess Norton does not want touch this again.

Kudos1 Stats

I've been tracking my mining daily and yes, it was working somewhat reliably as of December 8. It seems to have stalled again and is stuck on "Calculating" again. No amount of restarts, live updates, stopping and starting or turning services on/off seem to help the reliability. If this was not a feature that was used to generate earnings, I would simply turn it off and never revisit it again, but the notion that this is a feature that Norton stands behind and I imagine is used by thousands of users and it's not working reliably is shameful.

I've seen the same messages going back months, and the same outcome keeps coming up. An update is done and it seems to work, then stops working... For someone that is incurring an expense (electricity and wear/tear on my PC) to use this feature and it not work reliably, this is incredibly frustrating.

Kudos0

When the miner reports "calculating" that means it's not able to connect to our backend or that the GPU is not allowing the miner to actually start properly. One check is to make sure you have the right GPU drivers. Sometimes they are updated without users knowing.

Kudos0

Thanks for that feedback.

I make a point of trying to keep the drivers up to date so I don't believe that to be the issue.

Why would the miner not be able to connect to the backend? This seems to be a regular issue unfortunately.

Kudos0

I don't know the setup of your machine or how you are connected to the internet. It's possible somewhere along the hops it wont allow the specific port or protocol that the ETH network mining needs. What I can say is that this is not a widespread issue, as we can see many miners connecting and producing results/shares to the Norton Pool.

Kudos0

I'm connected via broadband internet with a connection speed over 500Mbps.

The strange thing is that when it stalls, if I stop the service then start it again, it will usually start hashing again almost instantaneously like it needs a kick start to get it going again. If I don't stop then start, it will sit on "calculating" until there is manual intervention. This is all without making any changes to drivers, software, or internet connection.

I'm curious if there are any users that have multiple machines hashing where ONE machine might get stuck "calculating" while the others keep hashing? If the internet connection is the same, this would rule out a network issue and isolate it to the PC and software or configuration.

Kudos0

what is your GPU, what version of the driver, what OS version?

are you doing something on the machine that is using the GPU? there is an idle detection that if the GPU is being utilized it will pause the miner, perhaps something is making that kick in?

Kudos0

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Maybe a template to populate PC specs might be helpful for techie type inquiries?

PC details: GPU=RTX 3060. Driver=497.09. OS=Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 build 19043.1348

I disable everything on the PC when it is not in use so system tray is empty. Task Manager only shows windows processes and Norton as services that use GPU.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.