Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Misleading iOS Capability for Norton Security with Backup
I am really bummed at Norton Security with Backup. I purchased the premium release for 10 devices since I have 4 PCs and 4 mobile devices (2 iPhones & 2 iPads). The installation on my PCs was uneventful, but when I installed it on my iOS devices, I find that the app only includes Norton's version Find My Phone and Norton's version of device backup. But those are already a part of iOS.
Norton's Sales and comparison info is misleading
- Defends against viruses, spyware, malware and other online threats
- Safeguards your identity and online transactions
- Protects your Android or iOS mobile & tablet.
- Scans for malicious apps and removes them.
- Scans for apps that have privacy risks and high battery/data usage.
- Pinpoint your lost or stolen phone/tablet. (But the iOS app Find My iPhone already does that)
- Securely store your usernames and passwords.
- Scans Facebook and other sites for suspicious links.
- Two-way firewall.
- E-mail spam blocking.
I feel like was ripped off of $20 dollars - the cost differential between the Deluxe and Premium version. Norton says that it works on iOS, but not so.
The Norton CSR says "Sorry for the trouble. Some features are not available on iPad and iPhone at this time. We are working with Apple to make them available."
Really, then why does Norton tout iOS security features that they don't have.
So I want my $20 back.