• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Mozilla Firefox 12.0 & Norton IPS/Toolbar

Tomorrow Firefox 12.0 will be released. Will Symantec be as timely as previously?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.14.x

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Mozilla Firefox 12.0 & Norton IPS/Toolbar

SGFC wrote:

Tomorrow Firefox 12.0 will be released. Will Symantec be as timely as previously?

Let me be the first to tell you - only time will tell. 

Actually, I have no idea and have heard no rumors - but I am sure Tony or Tim or someone wil make an announcement in the sticky area above the various boards it will concern.

Please wait for the update to Norton before you upgrade to FF 12 - unless you need practice uninstalling/reinstalling FF/Norton or both.

Kudos1 Stats

yank wrote:

unless you need practice uninstalling/reinstalling FF/Norton or both.

Oh that won't happen. Whenever the release is made by Symantec Norton Toolbar will be available for use. No uninstalling or installing of either product would be necessary.

In fact Mozilla has already seeded the final of Firefox 12.0 to it's servers. I am on Firefox 12.0 final now.

So I'll just wait for an announcement about the Toolbar.

Kudos0

@SGFC,

You missed my point.  I was saying that you should wait for the Norton update prior to installing FF 12.  Too many times in the past folks have installed FF12 and then received and ran the update for Norton, but the NTB was not updated in the upgraded FF - because FF was already installed.  In that case sometimes both FF and Norton had to be removed and reinstalled in a specifc order in order to make them work together.

I do really hope it works out for all you folks who "got to have the latest" - which as others have said - one really can not usually tell the difference just by looking at the program (without peeking at About).

Kudos0

Version 19.7.0.9 was released run Live Update. It reenable the toolbar in Firefox 12.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Once Firefox 12 is officially released, we'll have more information on Norton Toolbar compatibility.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

i downloded firefox 12 from filehopp and with the new update of norton 360 too 6.2 it  the norton tool bar now works

Kudos0

Just updated to NIS 19.7.0.9 and the toolbar now works in FF 12. Shows toolbar 2012.5.3.7.

Jim

Kudos0

I just got the product update and Norton Toolbar works.

No uninstalling and installing.

One problem though there is a black line around the search box which wasn't there before:

This happens with or without a persona.

Kudos0

I looked at Internet Explorer and there is a line around the search box too. So it was intentional.

The only difference is that on IE the line is complete and goes around all 4 sides. On Firefox the line only appears on 3 sides.

Kudos0

Hi SGFC,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will look into it.

Thanks,

Senthil

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.