• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

MS Surface Pro 8 tablet and NIS 2013

If I pop for a new 128 gbyte Microsoft Surface Pro 8 come 9-Feb-2013, will NIS 2013 run on it and provide protection the same as on my home Pcs? 

1) Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro 512 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA Nvidia GeForce 980 Ti graphics (Home Built System); 2) Windows 10 x64 Pro on Dell 8700 SE desktop, Intel i7 4770 CPU, 24 gbyte RAM, Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256 gbyte SSDs, EVGA Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti graphics; 3) Windows 10 x64 Pro on Dell XPS 15 2in1 laptop/tablet, Intel i7 Kasby Lake 3.0 ghertz, 16 gigabyte ram. ASUS RT-AC68r router, 8 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS drive, 200 mbps cable Internet, Google Chrome, MS Office 2019 (Local), Casper 10, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system) Norton Security Deluxe, Malwarebytes 3, SpywareBlaster, HostsMan, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus and many more (all latest versions).

Replies

Kudos0

Re: MS Surface Pro 8 tablet and NIS 2013

siliconman01 wrote:

If I pop for a new 128 gbyte Microsoft Surface Pro 8 come 9-Feb-2013, will NIS 2013 run on it and provide protection the same as on my home Pcs? 

yes

has that tablet will be runing  full window 8  verson

any  tablet you buy has long has its runing  full verson of  window 8  you can run this about any thing on it

Kudos0

siliconman01 wrote:

Please let us know .....

For those who have not seen an advance spec for it there's a reveiew at

http://reviews.cnet.com/microsoft-surface-pro/  

and here in the Washington Post ...

Note you don't get any version of MS Office as you do with the RT and since they say there is not much free space on the 64GB version one may have to be careful what you do with stuff like images or other heavy downloads .....

But Norton should be OK since it is a full Windows 8 and it's an i5 CPU with 4GB of RAM. I don't know anything about the graphics however .......

Hugh
Kudos0

Was finally able to locate and purchase a 128 gbyte Surface Pro 8 tablet.  NIS 2013 V20.2.1.22 installed and running successfully thus far on it using a WiFi connection. 

1) Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro 512 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA Nvidia GeForce 980 Ti graphics (Home Built System); 2) Windows 10 x64 Pro on Dell 8700 SE desktop, Intel i7 4770 CPU, 24 gbyte RAM, Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256 gbyte SSDs, EVGA Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti graphics; 3) Windows 10 x64 Pro on Dell XPS 15 2in1 laptop/tablet, Intel i7 Kasby Lake 3.0 ghertz, 16 gigabyte ram. ASUS RT-AC68r router, 8 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS drive, 200 mbps cable Internet, Google Chrome, MS Office 2019 (Local), Casper 10, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system) Norton Security Deluxe, Malwarebytes 3, SpywareBlaster, HostsMan, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus and many more (all latest versions).
Kudos0

I'm a little confused - your previous thread seems to imply that the Pro doesn't have Office - I thought it came with a complete version of Office ?? - also did you download the new version of NIS & if so could you briefly outline how you did it - I'd like to do the same for my current machine but am a little unsure on how to do it - is it Support and then "check for latest version" on my current NIS ??

Kudos0

ubermax wrote:

I'm a little confused - your previous thread seems to imply that the Pro doesn't have Office - I thought it came with a complete version of Office ?? - also did you download the new version of NIS & if so could you briefly outline how you did it - I'd like to do the same for my current machine but am a little unsure on how to do it - is it Support and then "check for latest version" on my current NIS ??

My understanding sit that the Surface RTs came with the Home/Student or otherwise simplified Office but that the Windows 8 Pro Surface has no Office ..... until you buy it ....

I'd rather someone else gave you a link to downloading the current version of NIS V20 / 2013 as an installation file but when you use check for latest version it will do an update of your current version. If you have 2012 on your Surface then yes you can do that but personally I prefer download and run install separately if only so I can Right Mouse Click and Run as Administrator which I find gives better results.

Just make sure you export your Identity Safe data in the two available formats just in case .... 

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.