Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Multiple Core issues resolved
To everyone who reads this - There are multiple threads here on the Core forums with a wide range of issues which I believe MAY be resolved with a simple "factory reset" of your Core routers. Before this morning, my security score, from the outset had been 252, FIOS modem/router device in NAT-NAT config. due to TV/VOIP services requiring the FIOS modem to route those services. Here is my boilerplate: Android app version 1.22 / Core firmware version 171009_193 *I have NOT setup a Guest Network at this point and time. All devices are under "shared and monitored", people shows all devices as "unlimited".
Issues before the factory reset / current status:
- The FIOS NAT-NAT configuration was a HUGE hit on my overall security score - Resolved
- Device OS's were being inaccurately reported - Resolved
- Low security score with a 32 character password on ALL networks - Resolved
- Devices previously on the network were NOT dropping even after the 30 day limit had been reached **Monitoring this one
- Wifi devices would see random freezing on IE11 / Internet access speeds were terribly horrible - Resolved
- Core app/Core still doesn't detect Norton Antivirus as being installed on the devices having it. Thus my score has dropped to 377 from the previous 477. 100 points I mean really? The app took forever to make the manual changes I input these devices HAVE Norton installed. It eventually did then my score returned to 477 again.
- Device "Model" information remains hung at "identifying" on all devices detected on the network
Note: When I performed the factory reset I DID NOT power down the Core but DID power cycle the FIOS modem. Setup initially failed with the error "the cloud could not be reached, please try again". Upon my second attempt the Core successfully setup. No issues noted other than posted above. To date I have NEVER experienced any service drops with the Core that I have. Today's reset was to attempt to clear up some small issues that were constantly annoying. Over all satisfied with the results.