Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
My Feedback on Norton Family
I just sent this to Norton but I thought I should share it here as well:
I am very disappointed with the effectiveness of Norton Family. It is not comprehensive enough.
1) In just one minute of trial and error, I found that typing "Hot Girls" in a simple Google Search (with Google's SafeSearch locked) gives inappropriate websites. And, if I click "Images" at the top of the screen it shows me dozens of inappropriate pictures. I have marked off almost every category but "Search". I can tell it is working because Youtube is blocked like it should be. But, a simple seach of two simple every day terms in Google's Search gives inappropriate results. I need a program that will limit certain terms and phrases (I.e. "Hot Girls" in quotation marks so that phrase together wouldn't be allowed.)
2) Because it wasn't working well to block adult sites, (I know because I've been testing it) I tried going in an manually entering a bunch under the block website area. It is SO tedious to do this one by one. Norton needs a way to add a list of sites to block at one click. I should be able to copy and paste a string of sites to block at one click. And, I need to be able to copy and paste my blocked list from one child to another child's blocked list.
3) "Search" feature works intermittently.
4) Delayed results (not real time).
5) Wish there was an instant override that the administrator could type in if a website should be allowed.
6) Norton also needs an easy way for users to suggest sites for a specific category to block automatically.
I am willing to pay for the right product to protect my kids. I am just not sure Norton Online Family is that product in it's current version.