• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

N 360 / 3 & LiveUpdate

Any ideas ?

I have had no LiveUpdates for 6-hours. Did a "Chat Now", tech used Intelligent Updater and informed me all is well. Tech also informed me that the server was undergoing maintenance and was unavailable for LiveUpdate. How do I know how long it will be down ?

If I disconnect my RJ45 lead and run LiveUpdate, it runs, then informs me that I have the current updates: when I reconnect the lead and run LiveUpdate, it informs me I am up to date.

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on the situation. Thanks.

I have just finished writing this entry and low and behold N 360/3 informs me that LiveUpdate ran 5-minutes ago: I'm up to date. Still doesn't detract from the fact that I've been distracted for 6-hours. "Chat Now" was correct; but, why is there no easier way for Norton / Symantec to inform customers the server is down ?

How about having server maintenance on the front page of the "Norton Community" ?

Message Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:12 PMMessage Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:15 PMMessage Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:17 PMMessage Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:53 PM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N 360 / 3 & LiveUpdate

Any ideas ?

I have had no LiveUpdates for 6-hours. Did a "Chat Now", tech used Intelligent Updater and informed me all is well. Tech also informed me that the server was undergoing maintenance and was unavailable for LiveUpdate. How do I know how long it will be down ?

If I disconnect my RJ45 lead and run LiveUpdate, it runs, then informs me that I have the current updates: when I reconnect the lead and run LiveUpdate, it informs me I am up to date.

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on the situation. Thanks.

I have just finished writing this entry and low and behold N 360/3 informs me that LiveUpdate ran 5-minutes ago: I'm up to date. Still doesn't detract from the fact that I've been distracted for 6-hours. "Chat Now" was correct; but, why is there no easier way for Norton / Symantec to inform customers the server is down ?

How about having server maintenance on the front page of the "Norton Community" ?

Message Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:12 PMMessage Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:15 PMMessage Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:17 PMMessage Edited by photo762 on 05-11-2009 03:53 PM
Kudos0

Then have been no updates since about 3:30 am EST.  Your system is fine.  I do not know how long the server / service will be down.  You are protected by SONAR and other processes in N360 that do not depend on malware signatures to keep you safe. 
Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

I believe that customers need to be informed, when there is no service, by the provider, after all Norton / Symantec are being paid for this service, it's not an online freebie.

There must be a better way of informing customers, than the customer investigating the concern themselves.

ps. I need  my Internet Connection to be Assured Secure. I don't see that I should chase that one fact !

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.