• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

N360 21.3.0.12 and Firefox 29.0.1, Login icon on toolbar stops working.

Having issue with the Identity Safe icon on the Norton toolbar, using Norton 360 v 21.3.0.12 and Firefox 29.0.1

I have the add ons for Norton Toolbar 2014.7.0.46 and Norton Vulnerability Protection 12.2.0.5-1 enabled within Firefox.

When I initially log into Identity Safe, everything works fine at all sites. After a period of time, seems less than 30 minutes, when I left click on the toolbar icon VAULT IS OPEN, nothing happens. Typically, a dialog box should surface where I can select Logons, Tags, etc. If I close the Firefox browser and reopen it, the vault is still open and the icon works fine. I've seen other posts on this issue, but not with this particular configuration. Both Norton and Firefox are up to date. Running Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64 bit.

When the toolbar icon stops working, I also begin having the issue of not being able to select the logon id at a site with multiple logons in the vault. The dialog line appears at the top of the screen, but when I click on the number of logons, nothing happens.

I've also seen posts on this issue, but I've not seen anyone tie these two issues together. Seems to me they are related.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N360 21.3.0.12 and Firefox 29.0.1, Login icon on toolbar stops working.

Having issue with the Identity Safe icon on the Norton toolbar, using Norton 360 v 21.3.0.12 and Firefox 29.0.1

I have the add ons for Norton Toolbar 2014.7.0.46 and Norton Vulnerability Protection 12.2.0.5-1 enabled within Firefox.

When I initially log into Identity Safe, everything works fine at all sites. After a period of time, seems less than 30 minutes, when I left click on the toolbar icon VAULT IS OPEN, nothing happens. Typically, a dialog box should surface where I can select Logons, Tags, etc. If I close the Firefox browser and reopen it, the vault is still open and the icon works fine. I've seen other posts on this issue, but not with this particular configuration. Both Norton and Firefox are up to date. Running Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64 bit.

When the toolbar icon stops working, I also begin having the issue of not being able to select the logon id at a site with multiple logons in the vault. The dialog line appears at the top of the screen, but when I click on the number of logons, nothing happens.

I've also seen posts on this issue, but I've not seen anyone tie these two issues together. Seems to me they are related.

Kudos0

Hi,

The toolbar becoming non-responsive in FF is a known problem and Symantec are working on it but no time frame for a fix.

Closing / reopening FF will bring functionality back to the toolbar.

I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Windows 10 x64 1903
Kudos1 Stats

Hi sreilly54, Try opening FF (close 1st if you already have it open), then click on the 3 dots in the NTB to open ID Safe settings, log in to ID Safe/Vault from there. After logging in, leave the popup window open (minimize it), then see how things work. It seems if that login popup closes/is closed, ID Safe loses interest in keeping the NTB buttons alive, but leaving it open by logging in by means of the 3 dots, it stays in touch with the NTB. At least, that's the only temp solution I've been able to use that seems to work. The issue, along with the ID Safe settings message for FF extensions, "Mozilla Firefox (default browser):status could not be determined", is heading off to Norton engineering to figure out what they did in the last update and is causing these issues.
Kudos0

While I wish this works, like many things with the toolbar, it doesn't work for me so is not ncessarily a solution.  Only thing that works for me is to close and then reopen FF.  Have tried numerous times to use your fix but, no dice!!!!

Kudos0

Hi everyone,

I am keeping Symantec apprised of this situation.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.