• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

N360 and Razer Kraken USB Headset issues

I have been using Norton for years now with no issues, I have had Razer Synapse 2.0 with a Razer USB mouse installed with no problems.  I just recieved a Razer Kraken 7.1 USB headset.  After plugging it in and the software installed to the most recent version, the computer ask for a reboot.  After coming back up Norton will not start, the icon appears real quick then dissapears, double clicking on the desktop shortcut or the exe within the Norton folder recieves no response.  Looking in the Windows Event Viewer Application Logs I see the following:

Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: N360.exe, version: 12.11.0.16, time stamp: 0x524cbb5e
Faulting module name: KrakenDevProps.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51f0d458
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000051d3
Faulting process id: 0xe48
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0d096fa6bcb2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Norton 360\Engine\21.1.0.18\N360.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer_Kraken_Driver\Drivers\SysAudio\KrakenDevProps.dll
Report Id: ad8898d3-78fc-11e3-8fb8-bcaec5176ff3

I have tried to uninstall Norton usings Nortons repair/uninstall tool and installing a clean version with no luck, Only when I uninstall anything related to Razer Synapse and anything related to the Kraken Driver will Norton 360 start working again.  I can reinstall Razer Synapse and My mouse drivers again with no issue, but once the usb headset is installed Norton stops working again.  Anyone have this issue that has found a work around to get both Norton 360 and the Headset drivers to play nice?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N360 and Razer Kraken USB Headset issues

I have been using Norton for years now with no issues, I have had Razer Synapse 2.0 with a Razer USB mouse installed with no problems.  I just recieved a Razer Kraken 7.1 USB headset.  After plugging it in and the software installed to the most recent version, the computer ask for a reboot.  After coming back up Norton will not start, the icon appears real quick then dissapears, double clicking on the desktop shortcut or the exe within the Norton folder recieves no response.  Looking in the Windows Event Viewer Application Logs I see the following:

Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: N360.exe, version: 12.11.0.16, time stamp: 0x524cbb5e
Faulting module name: KrakenDevProps.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51f0d458
Faulting process id: 0xe48
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0d096fa6bcb2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Norton 360\Engine\21.1.0.18\N360.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer_Kraken_Driver\Drivers\SysAudio\KrakenDevProps.dll
Report Id: ad8898d3-78fc-11e3-8fb8-bcaec5176ff3

I have tried to uninstall Norton usings Nortons repair/uninstall tool and installing a clean version with no luck, Only when I uninstall anything related to Razer Synapse and anything related to the Kraken Driver will Norton 360 start working again.  I can reinstall Razer Synapse and My mouse drivers again with no issue, but once the usb headset is installed Norton stops working again.  Anyone have this issue that has found a work around to get both Norton 360 and the Headset drivers to play nice?

Kudos0

Hello

Try plugging the headset into a different USB port---one that isn't using a hub. I have my headset plugged into the front of the computer--top of it actually, but in the front.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I have tried plugging the headphones in all of the usb ports I have on my computer with no luck.  As soon as I uninstall Razer Synapse 2.0 and reboot, Norton 360 starts up fine with no issue.  

Kudos0

I have the same exact problem too on a brand new computer with this configuration.  (Also been using Norton products and Razer USB mouse for years together, and just added the Kraken 7.1 USB headset which requires the Razer Synapse 2.0 driver software)

It's very frustrating since Norton basically stops running under this scenario.  Any other suggestions on how we can remedy this?

Faulting application name: NIS.exe, version: 12.11.0.16, time stamp: 0x524cbb5e

Faulting process id: 0xd94

Faulting application start time: 0x01cefa15c3535bc1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\21.1.0.18\NIS.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\A-Volute\Kraken\Drivers\SysAudio\KrakenDevProps.dll

Kudos0

Hello

Have you tried updating the synapse driver? Have you checked out the Razer Forum to see if anyone else is having this problem? You could also see if Razer can submit your product to Norton so that they can update their end. I don't have Razer headphones, just a Razer keyboard which works ok with NIS 21 2014 version. I did have a problem with my headphone not wanting to work if plugged into a hub. I think the same thing happened with my mouse which is logitech.

If you know the .dll that is causing the problem, you could try registering the .dll and see if that helps. Or you could try listing it under antivirus and Sonar exclusions and see if that helps.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot wrote:

Hello

Have you tried updating the synapse driver? Have you checked out the Razer Forum to see if anyone else is having this problem? You could also see if Razer can submit your product to Norton so that they can update their end. I don't have Razer headphones, just a Razer keyboard which works ok with NIS 21 2014 version. I did have a problem with my headphone not wanting to work if plugged into a hub. I think the same thing happened with my mouse which is logitech.

If you know the .dll that is causing the problem, you could try registering the .dll and see if that helps. Or you could try listing it under antivirus and Sonar exclusions and see if that helps.

Yes the synapse software is running the latest.  I have also checked the Razer forum just like I checked here.  This is the only thread that was describing the exact issue.  The DLL is registered and I had already added the appropriate exclusions and tried disabling every single norton feature.  The problem is that the Norton executable actually shuts down because of this internal error, and it cannot be started again until you actually uninstall the Razer Software completely and reboot. 

Because of this, altering any settings inside of Norton is a futile effort, since it will crash itself on boot before finally giving up on it's startup process and yielding the error we posted earlier.

I also have no issues with my Razer Mamba mouse and Norton, so it seems to be isolated to the Synapse software which is required for the modern line of Razer products as a unified driver.

I really hope Norton fixes this, because even as a long time user and promoter of their product, I am about to make the switch to another A/V product that doesn't cause me such a headache with my relatively simple setup.  I have never seen Norton act this way before in 15 years.

Kudos0

I had the same problem and found a solution. Just delay Kraken at the startup, this will let Norton 360 to open without a problem and later on Kraken will open too. Both will work after this. :)

Kudos1 Stats

It seems that the last solution I had worked for awhile but then hit a wall. So in the end I didn't allow Razer Synapse to open at all in the startup instead I open it using run as administrator after Norton 360 has opened up and is working. Note that if you open Synapse without running as administrator then it will crash.

Hope this helps.

Kudos0

It's me again.

It seems that I don't need to "run as administrator" no more. Here is how: just remove KrakenLauncher from startup, let Razer Synapse stay . It seems to fix everything and synapse 2.0 works too. At the moment mixer > applications is not showing VLC but main volume control works. At least I am happy as there is no more hassle. But still Symantec/Razer should fix this so that it just wouldn't happen again at all. :)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.