• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

N360 Backup Sets disappeared

I have been running manual backups for quite some time.  I usually do these on Saturday morning.  When I tried this morning all of my Backup Sets were gone!  Nothing, nada - it's as if they never existed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels: Backup

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N360 Backup Sets disappeared

Have you upgraded to Win 10 recently? Although the backup ran without errors I found the backup was missing from the backup 'cloud drive' after installing Windows 10 although was available on the backup HD, I deleted the backup from the external HD & recreated it & then the backup appeared in the Norton cloud.
Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".
Kudos0

Hi Christopher Hall.

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums.

To be honest I have no ideas at the moment but can you tell us

• what operating system you have
  • what version of N360 you are on
  • whether you are aware of any changes to these products or elsewhere on your system since the last successful update.
  • where you backup to (e.g. Norton Servers, external hard drive..)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Mike
Kudos0

Yes, I recently upgraded to Windows 10.  However, after the upgrade I did run a manual backup and all of my Backup Sets were there at that time (about 2 weeks ago).

N360 is Version 22.5.2.15.  This WAS upgraded a few days ago as a Live Update failed and it had me run the RnR utility to Remove and Reinstall.  I guess it's possible that this is what wiped my Backup Sets.

I backup to an external drive (it's an HP Personal Media Drive) and my system is a Dell XPS desktop.  All of my backups were still on the external drive, it was just the Backup Sets under N360 that were missing.  I re-created all of them and successfully ran new backups.

Kudos0

Hello again Christopher Hall.

I suspect that the troubles you had may relate to Windows 10 as there are currently some known issues between N360 and Windows 10.  It is possible that the RnR process lost the definitions but I don't think it normally should.  Sorry but I can't remember what happened the last time I did this. 

However I gather from your post that you can find all your old backups on the external drive and that you have recreated your definitions so you should be fine.  If I have misunderstood then let me know, otherwise - good luck for the future.  

Mike

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.