• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

N360 deletes pctoolsantivirus when I download it

My 'puter (running Windows 7) has slowed considerably and even crashed once.  I suspect a virus has gotten past Norton 360.  With past computers, when this happened I found it helpful to download and use other, additional antivirus software, as it seems different antivirus programs can detect different viruses.  So I tried to download PCTools Antivirus from Tucows, but Norton 360 deleted it immediately.

I seriously doubt that this software is a threat to my computer since it has a 100% rating on Tucows, and it's been around for years. I can only conclude that Norton deletes it to avoid competition.  I looked online for a way to make N360 allow the download or restore the deletion, but none of the solutions I found have worked.  I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to run into this problem.  How do you guys do it?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N360 deletes pctoolsantivirus when I download it

hxxp://www. tucows.com/preview/421203/PC-Tools-AntiVirus
SafeWeb report > downloadnet1035.com <here>

http://www.pctools.com/ = PC Tools is no longer available.

Kudos0

Hi

You can Disable the antivirus for 5 mins and then try to download the file and run it 

I was also facing this problem and it did fixed my problem 

Hope it works for you 

Kudos0

As noted above the product is no longer available from the vendor and that also means that it is not getting updated. The conclusion should be that it is not a product that should be downloaded, if it can be found, and should not be used.
Having more than one active antivirus scanner on your computer can result in conflicts which can reduce or eliminate your protection.

Dick Win 10x64 10586 current NSBU