• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

N360 prompt 'setup vault' BUT vault HAS been setup?

Re: 20.2.0.19

This a.m. the Norton bar says the vault is not setup (Firefox and IE). The vault has been working just fine since the install of this latest version and the prior. LiveUpdate is up to date?

Mark

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N360 prompt 'setup vault' BUT vault HAS been setup?

This a.m. the Norton bar says the vault is not setup (Firefox and IE). The vault has been working just fine since the install of this latest version and the prior. LiveUpdate is up to date?

Mark

Kudos0

markg2 wrote:

Mark

Mark, Are you still having the problem or did it resolve itself after a short time - say after everything got loaded and running correctly?
Keep us posted

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

The problem persists.

Kudos0

I have reverted to using Last Pass until, if and when, someone comes up with a reason and reasonable solution for my IDS malfunction.

Mark

Kudos0

I have exactly the same problem. The Setup Vault prompt appeared a few weeks ago, but then went away again without me doing anything. Now its back permanently.

My setup:

Mozilla Firefox 16.0.2

Norton 360

Windows XP SP3

Kudos0

markg2 wrote:

Mark

Hi,

Are you able to login to identity safe portal page, after using same credentials?

portal link :https://identitysafe.norton.com/

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

Yes.

Also, please understand that I posted a problem that was never answered about the logging into the iPhone IDS app. The app absolutely refuses to accept the correct, same IDS login credentials as that of the desktop (it did so intially and maybe once again but that was it). I've gone so far as to cut and paste from a text file to completely ensure correct credential input. I uninstalled the app.

Mark

Kudos0

I can also log into the identity safe websire with the same credentials, but my browser still has "setup vault"

Kudos0

MrDodge wrote:

I can also log into the identity safe websire with the same credentials, but my browser still has "setup vault"

Can you try logging into NA and online vault by clicking Online vault with same credentials.

Provide screenshot if you see any error.

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

Hi Senthil,

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I opened N360 main menu and went to Settings->Identity Safe. I then clicked on "configure" next to "Log in to Identity Safe", and it says "No profiles found for this Norton user. Use Identity Safe Setup to create one"

I'm concerned that if I start the Idendity Safe Setup that it will over write my pre-existing password data.

I also tried logging into my Norton account and clicked on the small identity safe button at the bottom. that took me to my identity safe logins just fine - I see the same thing that I get when I use the link you posted.

Dodge

Kudos0

Eu consegui entrar, depois diz que já tenho Identity Safe e diz também para actualizar o Windows XP para W XP SP3; ora tenho o W7 home Premium - 64 bits. Não estou a perceber nada disto.

A Symantec tem de resolver este bug do "Vault"

Kudos0

Senthil,

Am I being given to understand that some resources are being put forth to resolve One, None or BOTH problems that I raised?

Mark

Kudos0

Senthil,

I am still waiting for an answer--

Mark

Kudos0

Senthil,

I remain at a loss as to why you (or another Symantec employee) will not respond to my reasonable and simple request. Is there a fix on the way or existing to retrieve my vault (vs. the '! Setup Vault' post previous update) or should I just stop using the feature and be done with it?

Mark

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.