• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

N360 Toolbar and IE9

I'm operating Windows 7 64-bit.  When I switched from Firefox to IE9, I lost my Norton taskbar.  Come to find out, I needed to use the 32-bit version of IE9.  Still no taskbar and, consequently, no Identity Safe!  What can I do to get it back?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N360 Toolbar and IE9

I'm operating Windows 7 64-bit.  When I switched from Firefox to IE9, I lost my Norton taskbar.  Come to find out, I needed to use the 32-bit version of IE9.  Still no taskbar and, consequently, no Identity Safe!  What can I do to get it back?

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

D_Lobeck wrote:

Hi D_Lobeck,

True you must use the 32 bit version of IE9 to have compatability with the Norton Toobar (NTB).

Let's start by right clicking on the gray area at the top of IE.  Place a check mark in front of Menu Bar.  Then on that bar, click on View > and ensure a check mark in front of Norton Toolbar.

If no joy, click on Tools and Manage add-ons.  Ensure on the Toolbars and Extentions that the NTB, Norton Vulnerability Protection and Norton Identity Protection are Enabled.

If no joy, click on Tools > Internet Options and the Advanced Tab.  Under Browsing, place a check mark in front of Enable third-party browser extentions.  Please note a restart of IE is required for this to take effect.

If still no joy, go back to the main page of N 360, Support > About and tell us the version of N 360 you are using.  Once we know that we will be able to go back andhave your check the correct version of add-ons are present.

Please let us know what you find.

Kudos0

Thanks, Yank!  ("No joy"?  Were you in the Air Force?)

Turns out I didn't have third party browser extensions checked in Advanced internet settings.

Kudos0

D_Lobeck wrote:

Thanks, Yank!  ("No joy"?  Were you in the Air Force?)

Turns out I didn't have third party browser extensions checked in Advanced internet settings.

Hi D_Lobeck,

You are most welcomed and I am glad you go it sorted out.

I also help out on the Comcast forums and I go by the user name of  USAF_E-8_RET  

So yes I was in the AF - 23 1/2 years retiring 1 Jan 1989! 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.