• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NAV 11.0.3 slowed down my mac.

I installed NAV 11.0.3. Nothing has happened untill it started to slow down my mac. This happened when I left the auto-protect feature on at the time I shut down my mac. I think it was a glitch. I don't know and after uninstalling it, my mac went back to normal.

I was afraid if I reinstall it, something bad will happen. Before that happen, earlier, I installed NAV 11.0.3 and was satisified with it.

Every time I turned of the auto-protect feature off, my mac won't slow down. Untill I ran live update and it was SLOW! After a few minutes, it was done. I then accidentally left the auto-protect feature on when I was about to turn off my mac for the sixth time.

That is when things started to get really slow. I later then turned it off. But it didn't help. Should I reinstall it? Should I find a hotfix for that? If there link for the hotfix, can you post it up for me? Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NAV 11.0.3 slowed down my mac.

I installed NAV 11.0.3. Nothing has happened untill it started to slow down my mac. This happened when I left the auto-protect feature on at the time I shut down my mac. I think it was a glitch. I don't know and after uninstalling it, my mac went back to normal.

I was afraid if I reinstall it, something bad will happen. Before that happen, earlier, I installed NAV 11.0.3 and was satisified with it.

Every time I turned of the auto-protect feature off, my mac won't slow down. Untill I ran live update and it was SLOW! After a few minutes, it was done. I then accidentally left the auto-protect feature on when I was about to turn off my mac for the sixth time.

That is when things started to get really slow. I later then turned it off. But it didn't help. Should I reinstall it? Should I find a hotfix for that? If there link for the hotfix, can you post it up for me? Any help would be appreciated!

Kudos1 Stats

Re: NAV 11.0.3 slowed down my mac.

All updates should be available via LiveUpdate.  If you get all updates, the NAV version should be 11.1.1.  If updates are not getting you to this version, please respond and we can try to determine why.

I'm not sure why AutoProtect would cause a slowdown at shutdown, but note that you have no automatic virus protection if you disable it (you can still do manual or scheduled scans).  If it is still slow after updating to 11.1.1, we can investigate further.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.